They

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Sigh. Help me out here. A friend of mine has been 1. insisting on going by "they" and 2. calling people out when they don't use someone else's preferred pronoun.

I asked her why she uses "they." She says she has masculine properties and therefore "she" does not apply to her. But doesn't this reinforce gender norms? This is equivalent of saying that women who have masculine traits are not true women. This seems extremely hypocritical to me. Also hypocritical: she has given birth to a child and has had vaginal sex within the last few months alone. Doesn't sound like an ambiguous or neutral person to me...

Also, "they" is plural. There is no singular, neuter pronoun in English. "Do you know my friend Carl? They run marathons?" Shouldn't the correct conjugation be "They runs marathons?" It just doesn't work.

It's not hard to comply with the whole pronoun thing, but it seems trendy, the people who insist upon it are often obnoxious, and worst case, they use it to start drama.

The fact that I'm so turned off like this makes me feel like an asshole republican who thinks people choose to be gay or something like that. Am I just getting old, or is this bullshit?

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Well I have old fashioned views on these things and have been called a Caveman more than once.

But....

Shes obviously a idiot.

Its very simple really, She is biologically a Woman. Therefore the correct term for her is “she”.

The fact she has male traits is irrelevant.

Women who want to be blokes are tomboys, Nothing wrong with that but she is still a Woman.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I tried to multi quote every response but this is the only one that stuck

Tell they to fuck off

They is the reason that the democratic party has diverted from real issues and Trump won.

Its all they's fault

They are the reason that the democratic party has diverted from real issues and Trump won.

Its all their fault.

FTFY :)

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
OK, good to know I'm not growing a Mike Pence tumor.

Tell they to fuck off

giphy.gif

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
You can use “they” without it being plural.

“They’re an asshole”
“They cut me off”
“They are the reason we are having this discussion”

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
The same thing can be used when you call a girl "Dude" and they complain. You say: "You are either a dude or a bitch, if you don't pick then I will."

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I believe that soon we will see that the concept of "they" and "cisgender" and all the colors of trans are ideas that were promoted by russian troll factories, kind of like China telling everyone that flouride decreases IQ of children.

Marek

Banned
I believe that soon we will see that the concept of "they" and "cisgender" and all the colors of trans are ideas that were promoted by russian troll factories, kind of like China telling everyone that flouride decreases IQ of children.

I agree with this.

Stupidest wedge issue of all time...

I was totally surprised to learn that cisgender has actually existed as an academic term since the nineties, but the recent transmania was no doubt pushed by the ruskies

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I agree with this.

Stupidest wedge issue of all time...

I was totally surprised to learn that cisgender has actually existed as an academic term since the nineties, but the recent transmania was no doubt pushed by the ruskies

Wedge driving is the best play. Balkanize liberals, then pick them off, one stupid interest group at a time.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

Wow, never thought of that, but it would be a good strategy. Are you speculating or has this been reported?

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I don't want to call one person "they". It sounds weird. Otherwise, i don't care.

Last edited: