Just purchased my first hardware--a CMVS. Now about games...

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher
Ultimately, I will get the NeoSD, but that might be a year from now. In the meantime, considering my most sought-after titles, should I just get a multicart and call it good, or is it possible that I may have a better experience with official MVS carts?
I do want to collect my favorites, but I'm just curious if there is any noticeable difference in lag/screen tearing/glitches/crashing between official MVS and multicart.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Save money and space, get the NeoSD and you can try out everything you like for a fraction of the price.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Multicarts work fine, a few games have audio glitches. It’s all well documented.

garza2001

n00b
True statement about space.. multicart should do it. I just re purchased a 2 slot cabi and I’ve only purchased games I grew up playing. Not trying to build up a huge collection or anything... I still have to put my kid through school.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
True statement about space.. multicart should do it. I just re purchased a 2 slot cabi and I’ve only purchased games I grew up playing. Not trying to build up a huge collection or anything... I still have to put my kid through school.

I admit I do the same, I have games I enjoy only and everything else is emulated. The amount of shelf space for the f ew carts I do have does add up, so if that's the case with you then think about what's an acceptable substitute. I had a 161 for a long time for the games I didnt own and was curious about, it did the job.

NeoLucian

New Challenger
Just go for a multi cart but I would avoid the usual 161 type ones from China and go straight for a NeoSD.
The cost of buying original carts can be quite pricey depending on which games you want (and how many of course).
With the NeoSD you will not notice any difference from playing an original cart but you will have the ability to play a more varied selection of titles and prototypes etc.
Good luck with whichever you choose.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
My advice would be to grab a few cheap real carts to play with like Sam Shodown 2, Fatal Fury Special, etc and mess around with those while you gather the money for a Neo SD.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
My advice would be to grab a few cheap real carts to play with like Sam Shodown 2, Fatal Fury Special, etc and mess around with those while you gather the money for a Neo SD.

This is Exactly what I am doing.

I have got a few original of games I really like (slug 1, puzz bob) and unless I see any other ones I really love at a decent price I am waiting on the NEOSD.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I would spend 13k on a full set of MVS acquiring them in alphabetical order. That's just me though.

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher
Yep! I'm willing to throw down a couple hundred for a few of my favorites, then I'll probably be able to get the SD in a few months.