Neo Geo AES question PAL/NTSC

garza2001

n00b
I just purchased a NEO GEO AES for a great price with 3 games. Question I had was is Im not sure if the system is PAL or NTSC, I bought it in Kuwait and it's using a SEGA model 1 PSU, PAL Power btw.. I fired it up and tried out the games before I purchased it.. and everything seemed to work ok. now here's the real question if it's NTSC can it still work on a PAL LCD tv or vice versa? here's what's on the sticker

NEO GEO
Model No. Neo-AEC
Rating
USE PRO POW AC ADAPTOR ONLY
SERIAL No
90A 041032

I might just put it up for sale also..

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Neo-AEC models are PAL as far as I know. Unlucky really as I'd expect a PAL unit harder to get as opposed to an NTSC unit but maybe that's why you got a 'great price' for it.

The question of NTSC or PAL TV compatibility hasn't really been an issue since at least the 2000's and probably earlier.

garza2001

n00b
Neo-AEC models are PAL as far as I know. Unlucky really as I'd expect a PAL unit harder to get as opposed to an NTSC unit but maybe that's why you got a 'great price' for it.

The question of NTSC or PAL TV compatibility hasn't really been an issue since at least the 2000's and probably earlier.

Thank you for the information!

garza2001

n00b

He also had another one there I still couldn't figure it out, but it had 2 raised notches on the back of the console. I've never seen that before, any idea of what it could be? I'm going back to the shop again to take pics of it on sunday cause the Joystick was not working properly go figure for the price i guess.