New Black Mirror interactive episode "Bandersnatch"

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Logical next step will be QTEs

Bandersnatch choices of action where ridiculous. You didn't really have any hand in narating anything. Pouring tea over the computer or smashing it is a really strange choice to be given

The point is we have an illusion of choice and most of the time our choices don't matter. The main character has an illusion of choice but gradually realizes he is being controlled by the viewer. Regardless of the choices we make bad things happen and we always end up dying.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I let this go through the default choices which I was hoping would allow me to progress through the game without hurting anyone for the “good ending”; what I found is that viewers must eventually hurt/kill characters who don’t deserve it, simply to reach the branches that are morally good. At the point where I had to kill someone, I quit.

I don’t like movies trying to be video games any more than I like video games trying to be movies. I watched it for about 2 hours, made lots of choices, and the whole time wished I could just WATCH it. If I wanted to play a game I would. Same as I feel when I can’t skip cut scenes in games and I say “goddammit I just want to play the game!”.

Still a cool concept though. Just hope it doesn’t become a thing.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
The point is we have an illusion of choice and most of the time our choices don't matter. The main character has an illusion of choice but gradually realizes he is being controlled by the viewer. Regardless of the choices we make bad things happen and we always end up dying.

I would have rather read this short post than have gone through the "choice making" to find this out. Don't need a philosophy lesson from some crappy Netflix show

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Sugar puffs
Thompson twins
Accept
Accept
Go back
Refuse
Yes
No
The Bermuda Triangle
Shout at Dad
Visit Dr. Haynes
Pull Earlobe
Take them
Follow Colin
Yes
Stefan
Go back
Colin
Flush them
Hit desk
Pick up book
PAC
Throw tea over computer
P.A.C.S.
Who’s there?
Netflix
Try to explain
Tell him more
Fuck yeah
Fight her
Kick him in the balls
Who’s there?
White Bear symbol
Back off
Kill dad
Bury body
Yes
He jumped
Chop or bury?
Chop up body
Destroy computer
Pick up photo
White Bear symbol
Chop up body
Destroy computer
Get rabbit from dad
PAX
White Bear symbol
Chop up body
Destroy computer
Get rabbit from dad
Toy
Yes

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Will be interesting to see if other shows will follow suit.