Unpopular opinion number 5: People can't stand a comic book character done accurately

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I don't know how well it follows the specific comic book (since I have only read up to issue 98) but the more that the Walkking Dead TV show resembles a (once again not necessarily THE) Comic book, the more people hate it.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I also like how they did the tri-panels in the ang lee hulk film. I thought it was a nice touch to remind you that you were watching a comic book movie (in the same way that star wars used frame wipes).

Last edited:

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
The movie versions could be one of those "similar yet different" alternate universes that comics are so fond of referencing.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
I'm going by the original concept and what just about every version out there says is how they are supposed to act and reference it in their shows numerous times.

Spider-Man is a shy kid
Batman is emotionless
Joker is not funny
Clark Kent is boring

This isn't something I pulled out my ass like Spider-Man can run 300mph or Superman can tow multiple planets at a time (name the youtube show that did). This is stuff that is universally agreed upon.

None of these tropes are actually true in the comics though, except supes. Which Spiderman? Batman isn't emotionless his whole entire existence is driven by emotion, I think what your are trying to say is he's brooding which comes through in every Batman since '76 and works great (not including bvs). Joker has a million backstories and no one knows the real joker so the failed comic shit is most likely not even his backstory but his jokes fail in interesting ways either way, I thought TAS actually did a good job nailing that. Clark Kent is actually boring but that's portrayed in every comic and movie/show that's ever been made as well (again nixing bvs).

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Bakaboy's idea that Batman is supposed to be emotionless still cracks me up. People who think they are fans of something but don't actually have any depth of experience of said thing are priceless. I guess he's never read any comics by Finger, who created the character in 1939 and continued writing him all the way until the late 1960s, never read any late Silver Age comics, never read any Bronze age comics, never read Starlin's pivotal run, never read Alan Grant's seminal run through the late 1990s and various books into the early 2000s, hell anyone who ever did anything to develop the character. Morrison didn't write him emotionless. Even Frank Miller with his legendary subverting (some consider poisoning) of the character in Dark Knight Returns and beyond didn't write him as emotionless.

I'd almost be tempted to think Bakaboy's only exposure ever to Batman was Brubaker's short and shitty run in the early 2000s, and then called it a day, thinking he now knew all there was to know.

Never has an n-g.com member so aptly named themselves.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Good news: there is one. Guess what year it hit theaters?

They also did two animated films shortly before Adam West died.

Both have Adam West and Burt Ward. One has Jule Newar as Catwoman and the other has William Shatner as Two Face.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
funny-Batman-bomb-running.gif