Unpopular opinion numero 3: Sengoku 3 is boring

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
It's probably better than Sengoku 1, cause that game is terrible.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sengoku 2 is great. You guys never played it in the arcade back in 1993. Obviously.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
It's probably better than Sengoku 1, cause that game is terrible.

If the hit detection was fixed in the first game, it would be a better game than the third game. The music and atmosphere is much better. I still think sengoku 3 was another game and they just slapped the sengoku on it at the last minute. 2 is the best hands down.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I like Sengoku 3 but i do have to admit it gets repetitive. However the beat ‘em up genre is repetitive by nature anyway. I love the combo system and how you can juggle enemies. The best beat ‘em up on the Neo Geo is Mutation Nation imo, it’s got solid gameplay and an awesome atmosphere.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
I like Sengoku 3, i don't really enjoy 1 and 2 anymore (and 3 its the only one I don't have on a real cart, of course, make sense). Sengoku 3 feels more like a traditional beat em up to me (enemies have lifebars, better hit detection etc) compared to 1 and 2.
1 especially is really hard for me to play again nowadays. Another thing I enjoy in Sengoku 3 is the combo system, you can keep the count going kinda like in a cave shmup, it's fun!

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
I love Sengoku 3's combo system as it's quite satisfying to do a 250+ hit combo. I agree that the enemy design is so-so. The China and Italy stage are too easy and don't pose any challenges. Still working on 1cc the game.

samdiep

n00b
I actually like Sengoku 1 & 2. Sengoku 3 is boring to me and does not look like it belongs in the series.

Last edited:

Missile

Another Striker
Sengoku 3 seems fairly average to me. Great graphics and a nice combo system but it gets boring fast. It seems like you are always fighting the same enemy-type and you have to hit them too many times to kill them. Something about the way the enemies appear on screen reminds me of Robo Army (I like this game). Almost like someone updated the engine from that for Sengoku 3

Sengoku 2 is easily the best beat em up on the AES. It's fast and fun, you can often kill enemies with one sword slash and there's lots of variety as you get transported to weird places to fight weird enemies again and again. You can also transform into a fox or a female ninja at will. Great fun.

samdiep

n00b
I totally agree with Missile. There is a lot more variety in Sengoku 1 & 2.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Wow learn something everyday I never knew anyone liked sengoku 1 or 2. They're just so awful visually and the music is shit too. 3 isnt that fun to play but at least I don't feel like im getting eye and ear cancer playing it. If anything I just feel bored. Beatum ups where not the neos forte.