Tetris Effect

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
No One seems to be talking about this. We all love Rez, Child of Eden and Lumines etc. Looks like it's going to be up the with Space Invaders Extreme.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Its $20 at Gamestop. I was too lazy to pick it up so i had it shipped. Cant wait to try this in VR.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
A very nice version of Tetris which doesn't add anything too new, except for the zone mechanic.
Even has a grandmaster-like mode for all you masochists.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
I didn't know Tetsuya Mizuguchi was involved with this. I'll have to check this out now.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
This was a nice 10 min watch, I should pick this up:

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
Spoiler:
No One seems to be talking about this. We all love Rez, Child of Eden and Lumines etc. Looks like it's going to be up the with Space Invaders Extreme.

:D :glee:
here here.
can't account for conversation outside the fact. :p

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I spent some time with this over the weekend. The presentation is top notch and it’s loads of fun. My only gripe is having to rezoom in on the play field after you top out. I don’t know if this works better in VR, but it’s pretty annoying. The default setting is way too small for my old ass eyes.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
PS4 only I guess?

Yes.

I spent some time with this over the weekend. The presentation is top notch and it’s loads of fun. My only gripe is having to rezoom in on the play field after you top out. I don’t know if this works better in VR, but it’s pretty annoying. The default setting is way too small for my old ass eyes.

I hate that too, but you don't have to bother with it if you're using VR.

Last edited:

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Might be my game of the year. All of the ambient electronic music and trippy visuals of a Mizuguchi game on top of a pretty solid version of modern Tetris. It ain't perfect but most games these days are such bloated time-wasters, it's nice to be able to sit down, enjoy a game for an hour and not feel like you haven't accomplished anything.

It'll likely show up on PC eventually (as Rez Infinite did) but totally worth $20 on PS4.