iPad games

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
2018, never played games on my phone before nor downloaded apps. Got an iPad last month, looking to download whatever.

Already got Blazing Star, Metal Slugs 1-3, Rayforce and that's it.

Also feel free to make fun of me for not doing this like ten years ago.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Re-reading this looks exactly like something TonK would post. Wild. TravIS Wilds.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
My kids do almost daily. I’ve played a bit of FNAF on their iPads, that’s a great game for them. Or Hearthstone years ago.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Get a bluetooth controller.

Are the Cave games still available? I'd rock some of those if I had an ipad laying around.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
boardgames play well on the ipad. so did william's pinball before they lost all the tables.

I wouldn't bother with most games in top 10 lists. They are treadmill or money grinds. Avoid anything that requires you to login daily to get a loot chest.

fake

15 Year Member
Dragon Quest I-III

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
To play the Cave games you will need an older iPad still running on iOS 10.2.1 or earlier(before everything got switched to 64-bit). That's why I don't use my iPad anymore.

fake

15 Year Member
To play the Cave games you will need an older iPad still running on iOS 10.2.1 or earlier(before everything got switched to 64-bit). That's why I don't use my iPad anymore.

I still have mine on iOS10 and it works great. I'm sure in a few years, the web browser will be basically useless, but for now it's fine.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Injustice 2. It does the best job I've seen of adapting a fighting(esque) game to touchscreen controls. No virtual joystick like the SNK or Capcom attempted ports. You close automatically if you aren't blocking (button or 2 finger touch anywhere), and it uses swipes for dashing, jumping or low attacks. Free.

Lately, I've been playing a lot of Metal Slug attack. Kind of a tower defense-like game using Metal Slug characters and vehicles. Also free.

And you have the Metal Slugs. Unplayable on a tiny iPhone screen, but completely playable on iPad.

Ridge Racer is very good on iPad if you're into that. Again, free.

For time wasting puzzle games, Threes and 2048 are both free and pretty fun.

But more than anything else, I probably use my iPad to read comics. If that's not your thing, never mind.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Hey uh so how can I read comics

edit: Sandman specifically

Last edited:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member

Here's a comic that hasn't aged well, gave away all of my tpb's recently, the whole pseudo-deep 90s Goth thing was especially jarring. The story in which Satan quits and is last seen on beach in Australia at sunset was still pretty good tho.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Hey uh so how can I read comics

edit: Sandman specifically

There's a myriad of comic apps dingus. You can subscribe, outright purchase or just steal collections and new releases.

I'll agree with Late, Sandman hasn't aged well. I would just try to find a Death collection. Also if you haven't read Moores Swamp Thing do yourself a huge favor.

As for games there are quite a few old school point and click style games that lend themselves well to the touch screen format.

fake

15 Year Member
Here's a comic that hasn't aged well, gave away all of my tpb's recently, the whole pseudo-deep 90s Goth thing was especially jarring. The story in which Satan quits and is last seen on beach in Australia at sunset was still pretty good tho.

I bought the first TBP. Woof. Didn't like it. It was like Tim Burton turned into middle school art class Tim Burton and wrote a comic.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Warhammer: Regicide is fun if you like Chess at all. Does a good job of tweaking real chess just a tiny bit, but not too much.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
If you're into rhythm games or even slightly interested there's a ton of good stuff on iOS. Try out Arcaea!