$228 CMVS! Is This A Good Unit?

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Oh yes definitely, you should order one.

"I am dedicated to bring joy, safe and top-quality products for you. All the products I offer in my store come with fashion style, superior quality but cheaper price all the time."

It says right in the listing that it is top quality and will bring joy, what else do you need?

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I'm strongly considering taking the plunge and getting real hardware. I'll still likely get a Neo SD, because games like Waku Waku 7 run into the thousands of dollars (still want a genuine KOF '98 cartridge, though).

Is this a good CMVS unit? It's really cheaply priced...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW...FlMpAg64I44o7WDojgIaAmfSEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Waku goes for $100-200. Those are solid if you don’t mind a few things

1) early ones blew people’s OSSC but apparently it’s been fixed
2) Saturn ports have gone out
3) color bleeding on component out
4) you have literally no support if something happens

If you don’t mind those possibilities, go for it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
You're better off buying a 1 slot board and a cheap supergun. It'll cost less and won't give your carts AIDS.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I'm actually surprised they link to the unibios website to buy the latest update.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
This. Best advice on this thread.
You're better off buying a 1 slot board and a cheap supergun. It'll cost less and won't give your carts AIDS.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Shit if Waku is going for thousands, its time to cash in.

NeoGeo64

Zero's Secretary
I know the difference between AES and MVS. I figured since the home version is going for so much that the mvs version would have picked up in price a lot too.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I know the difference between AES and MVS. I figured since the home version is going for so much that the mvs version would have picked up in price a lot too.

Never underestimate the value a bit of plastic and paper can bring to a Neo Geo game.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member

And in your search of Waku Waku 7 you didn’t notice all the MVS copies are under $200?

Stop posting stupid shit

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
No, there were none listed in that search.

987f0477c60339de77be15b33b575f2c.jpg

The fifth result is one (I know there are plenty because I have a few in my watch list).

137d4f6ed848bba826190fa7729d1b62.jpg

The smart thing to do is check “sold”’ listings to see what shit sells for and not what idiots list them for. Come on man, it’s not fucking hard.

Last edited:

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
So, my friend got two of these and both have problems. I volunteered to see if I can help but I consider myself a tech noob so I’ll be posting in the tech forum for help with pics and descriptions.