Neo Geo AES Fusion Converter

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
After seeing the following video on this converter I am interested in purchasing one.

https://youtu.be/uXoEq6fBNbQ

I have tried emailing the seller from the address given on the products page below with no response back. Given that the video is fairly recent it looks like a newish product?

http://furrtek.free.fr/fusion/

Does anyone have one of these adapters and would you recommend it? For the price looks like a absolute bargain, just a shame about the fit and that it doesn't come with a shell?

Has anyone had luck placing an order as I'm still waiting to hear back regarding being out onto the waiting list?

Cheers

Jamie

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Given that the video is fairly recent it looks like a newish product?

It's a few years old, so somewhat new.

Does anyone have one of these adapters and would you recommend it?

Yes, I have one, and haven't any issues, but admittedly, I've only tried a handful of carts.

For the price looks like a absolute bargain, just a shame about the fit and that it doesn't come with a shell?

Them's the breaks. You can try to rig an AES shell for it, but no one here has shown an example of that. Which leads to...

Has anyone had luck placing an order as I'm still waiting to hear back regarding being out onto the waiting list?

Originally, there were many issues and delays about production and shipping of these adapters. Some people have suggested not receiving one, but the creator has come on here and stated those original orders have been fulfilled, and new orders are being taken, albeit at a slow pace.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
I had one from the initial IndieGogo run (the one in JoeAwesome's possession right now, IIRC) and it worked fine with all the carts I tried - pretty sure it even mostly played nice with the 161. Furrtek's a good guy, works at his own pace. I got myself on the wait list for his new VirtualTap to output video from my Virtual Boy and sure enough eventually got an email from him that mine was ready to go. I think (after the IndieGogo debacle) that he resolved to just do wait lists rather than pre-orders now so that no one can say he's taking money and not delivering.

Good luck in acquisition, well worth the price IMO!

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Thank you for the info gents appreciate it. I'm hoping he will reply to my pm or chime in here so I can place my order as looking to get hold of a few mvs carts.

Also if anyone has one for sale please let me know.

TrueTrials

Olly C,
15 Year Member
A few links for you to check out, firstly when I was looking into this I found this tweet from Furrtek himself about a company that was using his exact same design and selling them very reasonably priced:

https://twitter.com/furrtek/status/1047901533764046853

Unfortunately I messaged the guy on Facebook and didn't get a reply (I'm not sure the user speaks English so I kept it pretty simple question-wise but still no response) here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/myconsolegame/posts/2163739707197320?

And the page for the name printed on the device too:

https://www.facebook.com/retromodi/

I'm certain there was another UK review/summary from a guy on YouTube who is in good contact with Furrtek but I can't seem to find that video right now.

JoeAwesome

What's with people referring to products that rip off someone else's work? Even if it's open source.

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Cheers guys for the info. Have tried to contact everyone so will wait and see if I get a reply.

TrueTrials

Olly C,
15 Year Member
What's with people referring to products that rip off someone else's work? Even if it's open source.

In this case it was Furrtek himself that linked it on his twitter and commented about it being the same device so I assumed he was okay with it, I think I read that they didn't exactly go about it the right way in terms of crediting him when building theirs which isn't great, the project is open source though as you stated and since the supply/demand for the unit from Furrtek makes it tough to get direct I figured it might be helpful to share this alternative option (although I'm not sure how much of an option it is so far)

If it's possible to get the device direct from Furrtek within the time needed then great, for sure do that :)

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

In this case it was Furrtek himself that linked it on his twitter and commented about it being the same device so I assumed he was okay with it, I think I read that they didn't exactly go about it the right way in terms of crediting him when building theirs which isn't great, the project is open source though as you stated and since the supply/demand for the unit from Furrtek makes it tough to get direct I figured it might be helpful to share this alternative option (although I'm not sure how much of an option it is so far)

If it's possible to get the device direct from Furrtek within the time needed then great, for sure do that :)

Bootleggers almost never credit the original makers, unless it's to pass it off as authentic. As for supply and demand, it's a one person operation. If you can't wait for his turnaround time, fine. I'm not naive enough to believe the open source info will be for private use only, but it shouldn't make someone turn to bootlegs because they're impatient.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I ordered one of these a while back and it works great. I don't particularly care about there not being a shell, which has the nice benefit of reducing cost. Shipped to the USA I paid $87 total.

Had typical new connector issues with struggling to get a cart in there the first time, but that's par for the course. It's well constructed and sturdy. Not sure if it's my AES slot or not but it definitely takes some finagling to get a game to start up with no issues - the longest I spent was about 10 minutes to align it properly. Once it's in the right spot it's fine, though.

Past indiegogo transgressions notwithstanding - I asked to be added to the waitlist Jan 2017 and had to wait until Oct for my turn to come up. Paid and received a tracking number three days later. It arrived 2-3 weeks later with no issues. The waitlist used to be public so you could see your spot in line but it appears that's no longer the case, so I can't promise when you'd be able to get one. I was one the first 10-15 people on the list so take that for what it's worth re: lead time.

I bought the yellow version of the adapter (shorter one) and it works well. With my system (jap. AES) Metal Slug X won‘t start (permanently resets) but this was described as some systems start with this game others not. The only little concern about the adapter is that the MVS cartridge fits very tight with the adapter. Maybe helpful for some of you who purchased it i found a good „tool“ that helps here: i bought a painter‘s spatula with a non flexible edge. If someone is interested in a picture and how to use it i can post a picture and description.

Pushky

n00b
I bought one of the indiegogo run, broke after two uses, tried talking to him about sending it back so that it could be fixed, replied me once and then stopped. Money well spent!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk