Sega Virtual On Collection Coming to PS4

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Oooooh! This’ll be a must buy for me. I wonder how much the twin sticks will end up costing?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I was just about to create a thread about Virtual-On. I thought I was pretty good until VOOT came out for Xbox Live. I'd get absolutely destroyed and I don't know how to improve.

I'd love to get this and the twin sticks running. Hopefully they're good ports and the sticks are reasonable.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Definitely interested as long as I can get hold of a set of Twin Sticks...

ChopstickSamurai

I’d love an adapter to use my 360 sticks. As much as I love this controller, I don’t know if I need another set.

Mikebloke

n00b
This was the game that always excited me in the days of Saturn demo disks. I still don't have a copy on Saturn I should probably do that at some point.

Wasn't there a thread about Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2 as well? Seems like Saturn games is getting some love again (whether the right people are providing that love is another matter...)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Honestly if you didn't play Virtual On in the arcade in the 90's and maybe the early 00's you seriously missed out. This game game was fucking insane and it tanked hard with the terrible DC port. Best left to history folks.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Wasn't there a thread about Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2 as well? Seems like Saturn games is getting some love again (whether the right people are providing that love is another matter...)

If there was only one game that I would want to see ported (and fully translated) on current platforms, it wouldn't be Panzer Dragoon Saga, or Mother 3, or Skies of Arcadia or Policenauts or Shadow Hearts Covenant, or Samurai Spirits RPG, or the Yakuza samurai spin off's ....

It would be the Shining Force 3 series.

Leback

Stakes Winner
Hopefully Sega decides to release a Virtua Fighter collection and a Model 2/3 collection.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Honestly if you didn't play Virtual On in the arcade in the 90's and maybe the early 00's you seriously missed out. This game game was fucking insane and it tanked hard with the terrible DC port. Best left to history folks.

I played that in Yakuza Kiwami 2 and thought it was trash.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
This was the game that always excited me in the days of Saturn demo disks. I still don't have a copy on Saturn I should probably do that at some point.

Supposedly. Sounds sketchy, though. I'll believe it when I see it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

What was so bad about the DC port? The controls were awful with the pad but you could pony up for the twin sticks. I only ever played the original VO in an arcade.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
What was so bad about the DC port? The controls were awful with the pad but you could pony up for the twin sticks. I only ever played the original VO in an arcade.

Yeah, I played VOOT on DC quite a bit. I've never seen anything other than the original VO in arcades.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

The DC controller was terrible for that game.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Damn....
Don't know how this will do with modern gamers. This game was difficult.
someone call me when a twin stick bundle is announced.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
VO plays just fine with current controllers.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Force > VO1 > VOOT

If I didn't already own all the VOs on Xbox and A Certain Magical VO on PS4 I'd buy this. Maybe if I could buy the PS4 version of Force separately.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

That's how I've always felt too!!

Virtual On just never made for a fun home console game imo. It's one of those games I'll play for ten minutes and then ask myself why am I even bothering to play this?

And yet it's got a pretty hardcore fanbase, as evidenced by the insanely priced twin sticks that people apparently buy for this single game. I can understand people buying Steel Battalion, but there's a dude in this thread who said the twin sticks will cost $400.

$400 for an optional controller to play a single game. Makes you wonder what kind of people Virtual On fans are.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Including shipping, taxes and a ‘thank you’, it’s closer to $500…

ChopstickSamurai

I think I paid about that much for my Xbox 360 twin sticks. But to be fair they work with two games. ;)