cosigned for my mom.....biggest mistake

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Never really appreciated the things my parents did for me growing up. Im in my 40s, i have a family of my own now. Just the amount of sacrifice & giving me life is enough reason to make sure to help them for the rest of their days. The OP seem to have his shit together so im sure his mom had something to do with that.

I wouldn't listen to the low life faggits here, who probably had a bad upbringing. Who probably have a miserable relationship with their parents/siblings so they want to spread their negativity/bitterness to you. This is opportunity for you to really have a good talk with your mom and how you can prevent her bad spending ways.

Yeah that's pretty much what's wrong with western culture...You raise kid, kick them out when they are 18...When the parents are too old, the kids dont want to take care of them.

In the asian culture, parents let them stay however long they want. They sacrifice and pay for their education/car/house...When their career starts, have a family and when the time comes for the parents who can no longer take care of themselves the kids help.

Paying for a dumbass parent's stupid financial mistakes is in no way similar to helping your parents when they're too old to look after themselves.

You really do talk some blinkered dogshit. Take your vr driving rig goggles off for once and go get your daughter back.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
How are you supposed to take care of your parents when they are in their 70's if they are driving you broke when they are in their 50's?

Pretty simple, do yourself right now so that you will have the ability to do them right later.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
No one should have to borrow money from family or friends now that Go Fund Me exists

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Some people just need to fail.

I had my Brother In Law sleeping on my couch and borrowing my car. On top of that, he was making more than both of us put together.

I never asked him for a dime for 3 months so he could get his shit together. Over that time, he was bringing home about $800 a week and got a profit sharing check worth several thousand dollars.

Did he buy a car or even a motorcycle?
Nope.

Has he paid you back at all? shit I don't even go to a friend's home without bringing something

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's the easiest way to get a bike.

giphy.gif

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Paying for a dumbass parent's stupid financial mistakes is in no way similar to helping your parents when they're too old to look after themselves.

You really do talk some blinkered dogshit. Take your vr driving rig goggles off for once and go get your daughter back.

LOL

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Ignore HDRChump. Better yet, ask him for money. He's clearly a generous soul and a fucking rube whose never dealt with friends or family members who are deadbeats.

There's a difference between being selfish and not helping people who need it and not letting selfish/foolish people take advantage of you.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
People makes mistakes, parents are not always perfect. As for family, yes I tend to help them out if i can. I learned from my parents, they put a lot of their nephew/nieces to school. Help with medical bills when needed. Even to start a business for them. We are doing the same now. In a result most are successful and have careers. Its good karma to help. Yes there are the deadbeats most of them are the parents who we are helping their kids future.

If the OP doesn't help his mom, what are the consequences? They have already put 4 years of payment, that would be such a waste to lose. She will no longer have vehicle to work. That will be bigger burden for him in the long run. Its a life lesson for the both of them and its opportunity to really talk with his mom and how this will affect his future.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
People who think karma is a real thing are retarded.

Donald fucking Trump is president right now and baby cancer is a thing. The fuck does "karma" have to say about that?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

Donald fucking Trump is president right now and baby cancer is a thing. The fuck does "karma" have to say about that?

The fact people even think about 'karma' before they do something is missing the point of it entirely.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member

The concept of Karma doesn't work like that.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

He really is just plain ignorant. But I think part of his white knighting for this mom sounds like him projecting into the future and desperately hoping his children will look past his absolutely batshit irresponsible spending practices and hoarding disorder now and take care of him when he's old.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
He really is just plain ignorant. But I think part of his white knighting for this mom sounds like him projecting into the future and desperately hoping his children will look past his absolutely batshit irresponsible spending practices and hoarding disorder now and take care of him when he's old.

Irresponsible spending practices? Dont be jealous i make a good living. Unlike you, you can only afford free Ipad games.

Ideally i would love for my kids to take care of me when im old but who knows what the future holds. All i know im saving enough to have a very nice retirement. As for Karma, who really knows if it real or not...Living a very positive life and helping people is rewarding in itself. If i happen to get good fortune because of it, then awesome. So far its been good, i have beautiful wife and 3 awesome healthy kids. im not struggling with bills and have an awesome stachew collection.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

What he doesn't realize about parents not going to retirement homes in Asia...is because they don't exist (aside from Japan cuz I've seen Roujin Z). The countries lack social systems for old people who need care so it falls onto the children to take care of them, i.e. they still need to work so instead of someone with dementia being attended to by nurses they're stuck at home to wait until their kid comes back from work.

I get a lot of questions or statements from Chinese, like "Americans don't love their family as much as Chinese because blah blah blah" and all I can think of is, yeah if your government had Medicare and if you had the means to place your folks into a facility with American standards then you'd do the same.

I actually agree with HDRchamp on raising kids the Asian way. Keep them busy with extracurriculars, no time for play until everything is done and not half-assed, etc. It provides a good foundation when they're grown up and need to get shit done.

But it's a bit laughable he thinks one of his daughters is going to take care of him full time when he's pissing his britches in 40 years in a country where there are facilities to handle that. Not to mention will your daughter's husband agree to you living with them 24/7. This ain't the Philippines, homeboy.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
What he doesn't realize about parents not going to retirement homes in Asia...is because they don't exist (aside from Japan cuz I've seen Roujin Z). The countries lack social systems for old people who need care so it falls onto the children to take care of them, i.e. they still need to work so instead of someone with dementia being attended to by nurses they're stuck at home to wait until their kid comes back from work.

I get a lot of questions or statements from Chinese, like "Americans don't love their family as much as Chinese because blah blah blah" and all I can think of is, yeah if your government had Medicare and if you had the means to place your folks into a facility with American standards then you'd do the same.

I actually agree with HDRchamp on raising kids the Asian way. Keep them busy with extracurriculars, no time for play until everything is done and not half-assed, etc. It provides a good foundation when they're grown up and need to get shit done.

But it's a bit laughable he thinks one of his daughters is going to take care of him full time when he's pissing his britches in 40 years in a country where there are facilities to handle that. Not to mention will your daughter's husband agree to you living with them 24/7. This ain't the Philippines, homeboy.

Asians dont put their parents in nursing homes in america...If you go to retirement homes, very rarely you will see one in there. My parents & their siblings took care of my grandparents in turns. Im planning to do the same for my parents. Then hopefully my kids do the same.

If they choose not, you live in asia for awhile now, you should know how cheap it is to live there. I actually already own a couple homes in the Philippines. Having a nurse would cost me less then $300 a month, so having 2 or 3 for rotation would be less then $1,000 for my care.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You know what my partner got from her mother for her 18th birthday?
Kicked out of the house.

Has he paid you back at all? shit I don't even go to a friend's home without bringing something

He started giving me regular periodic amount of money when I brought it up.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
As for Karma, who really knows if it real or not...Living a very positive life and helping people is rewarding in itself. If i happen to get good fortune because of it, then awesome. So far its been good
Sounds like even you don't know what karma is. :rolleyes: Karma is about your actions now affecting your next life, not your current life. Some asian you are.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
An Update:

So i spoke with the manager at the financial company this morning. Turns out my mom did put the car on her bankruptcy, so she is protected basically if anything happens like a repo......I am not. The company was pretty nice though, and they are working with my mom as much as they can for payments. She just got a new job, and hopefully this helps her, and shes able to get a grip on things. I am pretty upset though, because she told me that the car wasn't part of the bankruptcy. So now I gotta talk to her about that