Unpopular opinion 2: I think Real Bout 2 is better than Mark of the Wolves

Agree or Disagree?

• Total voters

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
Sorry, what do you mean by "I think its the closest SNK ever got to releasing a clean , competitive fighting game"?

Sorry for my poor choice of words, english is not my native language.
I meant that Garou is fairly balanced and doesn't sport as many glitches/infinites/things that are completely broken as many other SNK fighters do when played in a "serious" competitive setting (please, don't come down on me for saying serious..surely You understand what I mean).
Garou to me feels a lot closer to Capcom levels of quality but with the added SNK flavor that cannot ever be beaten by anyone:).

EDIT : For Lonesage , please reply to me in the Aof thread, I'm really wondering what you meant to say about selecting Robert in AoF1 .

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Sorry for my poor choice of words, english is not my native language.
I meant that Garou is fairly balanced and doesn't sport as many glitches/infinites/things that are completely broken as many other SNK fighters do when played in a "serious" competitive setting (please, don't come down on me for saying serious..surely You understand what I mean).
Garou to me feels a lot closer to Capcom levels of quality but with the added SNK flavor that cannot ever be beaten by anyone:).

EDIT : For Lonesage , please reply to me in the Aof thread, I'm really wondering what you meant to say about selecting Robert in AoF1 .
He's right you know.

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
This is right. i had not had a chance to play RB2 much in the past. i recently picked this up for MVS and its a fun game but its no Garou: MOTW.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I couldn't tell if a game was balanced for my life, they're all bullshit anyway.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I love Capcom’s work as well (especially Darkstalkers and MSH), but this talk of a lot of fundamentally balanced releases from them is simply untrue.

Regarding Street Fighter in particular, I know that there is an entire generation of gamers around the world who grew up idolizing some iteration of Street Fighter and therefore believe it to be near-perfect in its execution, but with the exception of the later releases of the “II” series, the other Street Fighter sub-series are incredibly unbalanced:

Alpha/Zero series: Alpha 1, 2 and especially 3 are far from balanced with Alpha 3’s v-ism exploits being a notable game breaker.

III series: The Street Fighter III series has always had roster balancing issues that Capcom attempted to fix as far back as the dreamcast home releases of NG and 2nd Impact (changes which fans at the time didn’t care for). *See Ibuki, Sean, and Urien balance changelogs. Though it is a fantastic game, even 3rd Strike features a roster that is far from balanced.

Marvel/Vs series: The marvel releases (which I personally have a lot of love for and own a Marvel Super Heroes cabinet) starting with X-Men and Marvel Super Heroes and transitioning to the VS series has always been riddled with exploits and severely unbalanced rosters.

Capcom vs: cvs 1 and 2 were both unbalanced but cvs 2 had one very major game breaking exploit: roll cancelling. (still one of my favorites though)

I won’t count the EX series since that was Arika’s work.

All of the games mentioned above are fantastic and are some of my favorite games of all time. It must be stated that competitive imbalance does not make a game necessarily bad (and has actually proven to be a positive factor for the longevity of many of the aforementioned titles). Both Capcom and SNK titles were played competitively in japanese game centers in the 90’s despite known exploits, glitches, and imbalances.

Game series like Smash Bros, Marvel vs Capcom and Street Fighter have ongoing competitive scenes because they have fans and players that continue to explore the game and the enduring popularity of these games continue to entice new players to jump in.

SNK’s fighters are not played or recognized as often as Capcom’s offerings not because they lacked balance, but because they were never as popular around the world to begin with.

Last edited:

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Garou is great but i LOVE real bout special. The fast pace and colourful art style. I also find the cpu difficulty is just about perfect