Unpopular opinion 2: I think Real Bout 2 is better than Mark of the Wolves

Agree or Disagree?

• Total voters

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Disagree chode. KOF95 and Sam Sho III are up there. Agree with you on FF Real Bout, actually prefer it to FF3

RBS1 > MOTW tho. It plays and looks so good.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Why limiting yourself to some top-something of Neo games? There's more to the off-broadway fighters than meets the eye, if you only play KoF98 or Samsho 2, you're missing out on loads of good stuff.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Fatal Fury 1, Fatal Fury Special, and Real Bout Fatal Fury Special are the only fatal fury games anyone needs.

throw real bout 2 in there and i may agree

KOF 98 and 2002 are the only KOF games you need

two out of nine games is not being fair. four is more reasonable. 95, 96, 98 and 02?

Samurai Shodown 2 is the only samurai shodown you need

and 3

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
It's a solid, extremely well-made and fun game. But it's not Fatal Fury. I never could enjoy it the way most people do because it felt to me like SNK abandoned everything Fatal Fury was in a futile attempt to appeal to the Capcom crowd. I don't hate it by any means, but it's my least favorite of the series including the original, as clunky as it may be.

You're probably right, but after FFS/SSII and KOF94 I fell off the map. I mean, my local arcades never brought in the cool stuff (though we did get metal slug) and I didn't import Saturn games. So for me, playing MOTW on the Dreamcast blew my fucking mind. Imagine not playing a single Fatal Fury game since FFS. Wouldn't your mind be blown? I had no preconceived notions of what the series should be like. Bananas, I know!

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I like both. However, I find RBFF2 to be way cooler to play. The stages, palettes, music and combo'ing are top notch.

And you can't go wrong with this version of Kim Kaphwan!

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
throw real bout 2 in there and i may agree

two out of nine games is not being fair. four is more reasonable. 95, 96, 98 and 02?

and 3

Yeah real bout 2 is alright i guess.. i never felt the urge to track down the AES one like i did with RBS though

Actually i was gonna say 94, 96, 98, 2002
94 because its kinda uniquely primitive amongst KOF games. something is charming about it’s lack of team edit... heh

i’m thinking instead of another samurai game, i’d sooner shell out for Art of Fighting 3 AES

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Weren't there 10 KOF games on the Neo Geo (from KOF 94 to KOF 2003)? Some people can count to ten, you know.
I would agree, 96 is one of the better KOF games, it has the boss team, and great backgrounds and music. I like 98 and 2002 because they have Rugal as a playable character. But I don't know why everyone thinks 98 is the best.

The first Samurai Shodown is almost as good as Shodown II, and it has Tam Tam.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Weren't there 10 KOF games on the Neo Geo (from KOF 94 to KOF 2003)? Some people can count to ten, you know.

:D

yeah that's me trying to post right after work. why did i think the series start with 95?.

b-blanco

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
I'd say with most of the fighting games on the Neo most of the early entry's such as KOF 94-95, SS 1-2, FF Special, etc have more presentation and story wise. Later entry's are much more well rounded and polished games but lack in presentation.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Fatal Fury 1, Fatal Fury Special, and Real Bout Fatal Fury Special are the only fatal fury games anyone needs.

KOF 98 and 2002 are the only KOF games you need

Mark of the wolves is optional as fuck

Your user name can only get worse from this garbage post.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I'd say with most of the fighting games on the Neo most of the early entry's such as KOF 94-95, SS 1-2, FF Special, etc have more presentation and story wise. Later entry's are much more well rounded and polished games but lack in presentation.

MOTW has great presentation, alongside the Last Blades it's probably SNK's most polished fighting game.

(I'll always have a soft spot for AOF3 tho)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
MOTW has great presentation, alongside the Last Blades it's probably SNK's most polished fighting game.

Heart and soul went into both of those games.

b-blanco

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member

Can't argue that but a lot of the later KOF games were pretty lacking presentation wise and on second Thought SS2 was pretty polished all around.

shiryu7

Quiz Detective
Have always loved everything about MOTW -- from the presentation, art direction, and music to the subtle storytelling and thoughtful creativity put into the development of each character (each one so carefully crafted). Such a beautiful game in so many ways.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
I'll take MOTW before Real Bout 2, but Real Bout Special before the previous 2. To me, RBS feels like the most polished, complete and gorgeous fighter on the Neo... even with that annoying announcer.

I have a soft spot for FF3 too. It's intro, story and presentation make for a great single player experience.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
I definitely prefer MOTW over RB2, combat system in MOTW feels refined like those you can find in a Capcom game. I think its the closest SNK ever got to releasing a clean , competitive fighting game.

The game kicks rb2's ass in the graphics and presentation department too I'd say, animations in MOTW are almost on par with SF3 and overall the artstyle is much more refined than in RB2 (I prefer MOTW cast's design too but that s completely subjective).

Speaking of RB games, I actually enjoy RBS the most out of all 3 games released, with RB1 a close second.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I definitely prefer MOTW over RB2, combat system in MOTW feels refined like those you can find in a Capcom game. I think its the closest SNK ever got to releasing a clean , competitive fighting game.

The game kicks rb2's ass in the graphics and presentation department too I'd say, animations in MOTW are almost on par with SF3 and overall the artstyle is much more refined than in RB2 (I prefer MOTW cast's design too but that s completely subjective).

Speaking of RB games, I actually enjoy RBS the most out of all 3 games released, with RB1 a close second.

Sorry, what do you mean by "I think its the closest SNK ever got to releasing a clean , competitive fighting game"?

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
They're both really good game and I enjoy the characters of rb2 more however motw is a master class in presentation and accessibility. I find motw is the game i'd rather pick up and play every day. However i love rb2 on the neocd that sound track is god damn fantastic.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Sorry, what do you mean by "I think its the closest SNK ever got to releasing a clean , competitive fighting game"?

He mean's it balanced and not broken like 99% of Neo fighting games. Duh!

and I don't even like MOTW, and love real bouts!