Magfest 2019 January 3rd-6th, National Harbor(Oxon Hill, MD)

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
www.magfest.org

So who is coming to Magfest in the new year? I usually bring SamSho V SP for Majors to throw in one of his cabs so you can always find me wherever the Neo games are.

I'm sure Carlson will be manning his booth as usual. Stefan will probably make an appearance by late Friday or Saturday afternoon. I know EvilMike should have a room in the Gaylord so hit me up when you arrive.

I'm always down to go grab a bite to eat down the street too. Or if anyone does not mind a short drive I have the best Italian place right by my house that I can't recommend enough. Anyone who makes the trip to eat there is invited to come back to my place and fire up my candies.

Reply here or shoot me a PM if anyone wants to meetup.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Really wish I was gonna be able to make it to this, but at least I could attend the southeast Philly meet up this time around. Oh well, maybe next year! Hope everybody has an awesome time!

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
Thanks for the link. Too bad none of those games are in my wheelhouse anymore. I was amazing at KOF98 at one point, but those times are long gone. I wish they had a SamSho tourney before the new game comes out.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Considering that I'm on the Panels staff, I think I'll be there this year. :)

I'm also planning to stay at the Gaylord this time so I can be available later at night.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I'm also planning to stay at the Gaylord this time so I can be available later at night.

So if I am reading this correctly, PD is "available" late night at a hotel called the Gaylord. Got it.

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
Considering that I'm on the Panels staff, I think I'll be there this year. :)

Sorry I left you out but that was because you are staff. :)

I usually stay till around 11pm in the arcade unless the competition dries up. Just shoot me a text if you want to play one of the nights.

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
1 week left to go. I talked to Stefan over the weekend and he is confirmed for Saturday. Any other DC/VA/MD/PA folks making the trip?

white castle

1.21 Gigawatts!, It's hard to get up to 88mph on t
15 Year Member
1 week left to go. I talked to Stefan over the weekend and he is confirmed for Saturday. Any other DC/VA/MD/PA folks making the trip?

I’ll be there in a few hours.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Just got back from the hotel, preparations are going smooth so far.

Looking forward to all the craziness starting tomorrow! :)

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
I’m heading down after work so I will hopefully be badged and ready to abuse Candyland by 6pm.

They finally updated their arcade tournament page and I was surprised at the weird choices they made.

https://onsite.uber.magfest.org/attractions/arcade-tournaments

Akatsuki Blitzkampf - Obviously picked just because of the weirdness. I'd love to see if signups happen.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - Easiest of the bunch to get a full crowd and will probably have 2 dominant players who crush everyone else.

Neo Turf Masters - Maybe it will get a few players but I don't think this is an easy sell to most con-goers. Maybe the hardcore folks on here can dominate.

Puzzle Fighter - Will fill up easily and be entertaining to watch.

Samurai Shodown 6 - Hey, lets pick the worst SS game and run it at 11pm on Thursday! I expect to be the only entrant which means it will be cancelled.

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Have a good time guys, post some pics, especially the neo world tour if you can!

Last edited:

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
I stayed last night for the Sam Sho tourney and in a stroke of luck they changed the game to SS2 instead of 6. I ended up taking first place but the only thing that sucked was all of the real competition ended up in my bracket so when it came down to the finals I destroyed the other guy.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Any pics guy? Tried to look at gaming pics on twitter but you have to sift through all the furry/ cosplay crap.

Last edited: