Fatal Fury 3!

NeoGeo64

Zero's Secretary
Just played this for the first time today.

It is a gem of mid 90's SNK goodness. I kick myself for not trying this game earlier. Just awesome!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Just played this for the first time today.

It is a gem of mid 90's SNK goodness. I kick myself for not trying this game earlier. Just awesome!

Dark Destiny once again. Outstretches its icy grip.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
FF3 is solid, the cargo plane stage is awesome.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Dark Destiny once again. Outstretches its icy grip.
The intro to FF3 is one of my favorite of any Neo Geo game.
I also like the train background- it looks great with the train going past, on a big PVM.
I think the stage with the moving platform (Hon-Fu with the nunchaku) is too hard (on MVS difficulty setting), that's about where I hit the wall.
I prefer any FF or KOF game that has Geese as a playable character- that's usually who I play as.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
The intro to FF3 is one of my favorite of any Neo Geo game.
I also like the train background- it looks great with the train going past, on a big PVM.
I think the stage with the moving platform (Hon-Fu with the nunchaku) is too hard (on MVS difficulty setting), that's about where I hit the wall.
I prefer any FF or KOF game that has Geese as a playable character- that's usually who I play as.

I think the dialogue is silly (yet, unforgettable), but the pixel art is top notch. FF3 was the beginning of the anime style for the series.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I was just playing this the other night. First time on my MVS, I had the Interplay PC release in the early 2000s and mostly played the SNES port of FF Special. Was really enjoying it until on the train stage my cart audio start fucking up :( Gave it a clean but haven’t tried it again and checked if it’s fixed.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I prefer FF3 to Special, the speed and tightness is outstanding and is only topped by the RB series, especially 2. The character select screen is cool too.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
It's a gorgeous game but having been spoiled by Real Bout, it takes me a while to adjust to the way it plays. I can always go back to FFS and RB no problem but struggle with 3. It's a great single player game with some really nice stages.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i always saw fatal fury 3 as the super street fighter of the series. it's a great game but once you have ssf2 turbo, you don't find the need to go back to it.

great intro, great graphics and background, great sound track, nicely story driven, introduced a lot of characters, great game.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Fatal Fury 3 is my favorite of the series. The intro is just way, way too good. Has a lot of flavor. This is prime SNK.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Great game :buttrock: The introduction of the 3-plane system opened the door for a ton of counter and offensive possibilities compared to its predecessor. The jump from FFS to FF3 was ambitious but sadly it wasn’t well received at the time. Thankfully the ideas in this game weren’t completely abandoned and Real Bout fleshed out the concepts introduced in FF3.

When looking at FF3 on it’s own, I agree with Bogard. If you love the gameplay of FF3, once you move on to Real Bout there’s not a lot to come back to in FF3 aside from its amazing presentation and story.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
tumblr_nhsekh3VxX1skasmxo2_r2_500.gif

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I probably play this one the most.It's really aged well.
Love the three plane system and performing Mary's face plant.
BB

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Other than some nice background art you don't see anywhere else, it's hard for me to find a lot of redeeming qualities. I can't play FF3 to save my life, and I love the Real Bout series. Don't forget FF3 was so poorly received that Real Bout had to be created to fix the issues and salvage the work. It is nice to hear the opinion that after all that it has aged well though.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
To me FF3 is plain dorky. I hate the select screen, why do it like that? Too much bad taste thrown into the mix. The game feels stunted to me. Stiff.
It's got to be a 5

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Ah FF3, absolutely amazing to look at, listen to & play. A great game. Probably the hardest of the series, I get my ass handed to me even on level 4.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Hon Fu’s stage is one of the best on the Neo.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It's a fantastic and underrated game. But you really have to learn the combination arts and hidden supers to really get the full experience. It's not as wide open and friendly as Real Bout, but it doesn't play like FFS, either. It's really its own unique thing with its own pace. And maybe more than any other game from any publisher, it's a bridge between the FFS/SF2 style era of fighters and the RB/SFA style era.

Caprica Orange

Pao Pao cafe VIP,
20 Year Member
One of my favorite FF's and one of the games that made me start to like the original OST's over the AST's...

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
I don't mind FF3, but I think that Real Bout 1 is just an improved version of it. I mean, it by far just corrects all the issues in FF3 and adds in new things. The only thing better about it is that FF3 has way more stages than Real Bout does.

KingOfSLUGS

New Challenger
My biggest concern with RB1 is the ring out nonsense. I think the overall mechanics are much improved though. Idk there is just something about 3 that really sticks with me.

I don't mind FF3, but I think that Real Bout 1 is just an improved version of it. I mean, it by far just corrects all the issues in FF3 and adds in new things. The only thing better about it is that FF3 has way more stages than Real Bout does.