Hulu decides "fuck it, lets try and lose some subscribers."

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Does this apply to the ad-free tier?

Even if it does, I don't find myself pausing all that often.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Im not certain. We're on the $15/month teir so no commercials, but even so it has stupid little promos for the show we're currently watching before each episode, and that irks me enough.

We dont pause a lot, but sometimes we get up to get another drink, or my wife asks questions, or we talk about internal show stuff, so we pause so we dont miss something.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Hulu has been absolute shit for the past 5 years. They've always been about maximizing profits and shitting on user experience.

If its a Hulu exclusive, save yourself the trouble and grab the torrent.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
advertisement while pause? I dont see a problem with that unless you have too watch the whole ad. as long as you unpause it better be ready to go. I rather have that then the beginning of the show ads.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Hulu has been absolute shit for the past 5 years. They've always been about maximizing profits and shitting on user experience.

Lol torrents. Usenet shits all over that.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I don’t have data capped anywhere and I probably pay less than you.

Do you live in a major metropolitan area? That alone would give you more options than me.

I use Cricket for phone, pay $35 per month. I have Cox Home Internet and I recently got them to lower it to $65 (100 Mbps download/10 Mbps upload). I use my own modem and router. Honestly, though, I have zero other options for home Internet. ATT says they’re offering fiber now in my area, but I keep checking and it’s not there still. When 5G becomes mainstream I’ll finally be able to get a better connection for less money.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ok I pay more than you. But I am also happier with my service.

$100 phones for the fam
$79 1gb speed internet.

Nothing capped.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Ok I pay more than you. But I am also happier with my service.

$100 phones for the fam
$79 1gb speed internet.

Nothing capped.

I'm very envious of you! If I could get speeds like that here I would've jumped on that.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

We finally cancelled Hulu...don’t miss it a bit. In the end, all the really had were some kid shows, not enough to keep it.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I got rid of hulu and Netflix. I just use tubi tv, crackle, etc.

All the years of commercial tv has me conditioned to where I don't really care about little breaks.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
That's super annoying if you are pausing to let the stream catch up...
My wifi at one corner of the home is not the greatest.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Hulu shit the bed about 2 1/2 years ago in Japan. I didn't know they were still hanging on in other territories.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I've been a satisfied Netflix user for years - and that's the only service I subscribe to. Hulu felt slimy to me from the get-go, and they've just gotten more so over time. I'm also not a TV show fanatic though - I've always found enough shows I want to watch on Netflix alone.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I've been a satisfied Netflix user for years - and that's the only service I subscribe to. Hulu felt slimy to me from the get-go, and they've just gotten more so over time. I'm also not a TV show fanatic though - I've always found enough shows I want to watch on Netflix alone.

Netflix is solid...and in my opinion, getting better. Between it and Amazon prime (also getting better), it's all we subscribe to. The ability to month by month pay for HBO is also great, we'll pick it up for Game of Thrones or Westworld and then shed it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Amazon Prime has a lot of potential just because they don’t have a lot of original content to commit to. That’s why when Syfy pulled the plug on The Expanse, some people at Prime Video were able to swoop in and save the day. I am really looking forward to watching The Expanse on Amazon Prime.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
LOL Hulu. Philo is where its at.

I looked up Philo based on this post. Nope. ~3-5 channels my wife would watch, 3 channels I'd watch, and no sports.

It still looks like if/when I "cut the cable," it'll be for Youtube TV.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Prime and Netflix is all you need. Hulu has The Handmaid's Tale and Castle Rock looks decent but I'm not paying another fee for a couple of shows.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I looked up Philo based on this post. Nope. ~3-5 channels my wife would watch, 3 channels I'd watch, and no sports.

It still looks like if/when I "cut the cable," it'll be for Youtube TV.

The desire people have to watch grown men play with balls is single handedly keeping cable TV alive.