Hulu decides "fuck it, lets try and lose some subscribers."

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
People could just get an hd antenna.

Depends on the market and the sport. In this area, you have to get a specific network (AT&T SportsNet Southwest) on a specific provider for our pro basketball and baseball teams. Otherwise, it's whatever you get on national broadcasts, and they still may be subject to blackouts.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Depends on the market and the sport. In this area, you have to get a specific network (AT&T SportsNet Southwest) on a specific provider for our pro basketball and baseball teams. Otherwise, it's whatever you get on national broadcasts, and they still may be subject to blackouts.

I was going to say...watching sports is a real mess. The NFL is the best option, I can grab Sunday games as well as any post season game with just a TV top antenna. Mon night is a no-go, as is much of Thurs night.

MLB...very limited, you can sometimes see local teams (Cubs, Card, Sox) on one channel. Zero post season all the way up to the World Series. I can get the MLB TV ap for my Royals and pay for the season, but local teams are no-go live (can watch after the fact) and again, post season besides the WS is 100% nope.

NBA...very limited up until the Finals. Not a huge fan, so I do not know other ways to watch.

NHL, local teams only and very limited up until the Stanley Cup finals.

...I can't talk much about any other sports...

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
People could just get an hd antenna.
In Denver, the only team that plays on free TV is the Broncos.

The Nuggets, Avalanche, Rapids (soccer), Mammoth (box lacrosse), and Outlaws (field lacrosse) play on one local cable sports network and the Rockies play on another. Same for all the college teams.

Sure, you can find streams for most games but if you watch a ton of games it can quickly become a pain in the ass.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
In Denver, the only team that plays on free TV is the Broncos.

The Nuggets, Avalanche, Rapids (soccer), Mammoth (box lacrosse), and Outlaws (field lacrosse) play on one local cable sports network and the Rockies play on another. Same for all the college teams.

Sure, you can find streams for most games but if you watch a ton of games it can quickly become a pain in the ass.

Other than NHL, it looks like a bunch of sports you’re better off not supporting.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Other than NHL, it looks like a bunch of sports you’re better off not supporting.

Well I don't watch soccer but I'm a die-hard Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, Mammoth, and Outlaws fan. And obviously the Broncos.

Dialknight

n00b
I got rid of hulu and Netflix. I just use tubi tv, crackle, etc.

All the years of commercial tv has me conditioned to where I don't really care about little breaks.

I'll second the commercial conditioning, but I'll be damned if crackle doesn't use the same two commercials for months at a time.