Metal Jesus Rocks on Youtube

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
angry-video-game-nerd-home-alone-macaulay-culkin.jpg.optimal.jpg

I know that face. That puffy redness, bloated cheeks, sunken eyes. That's an alcoholic's face.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
After you got your peepee touched by Micheal Jackson, you would drink too.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
angry-video-game-nerd-home-alone-macaulay-culkin.jpg.optimal.jpg

I know that face. That puffy redness, bloated cheeks, sunken eyes. That's an alcoholic's face.

That video and the Pagemaster one were actually pretty good. Very self-aware and they talk about his issues openly.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
That video and the Pagemaster one were actually pretty good. Very self-aware and they talk about his issues openly.
He's a surprisingly self-aware person. Seems fairly comfortably settled in to what he is now instead of trying to be something else.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm not a huge Metal Jesus fan. I will watch him if I see he posts a vintage PC related video. My main issue with his channel is that he almost always recommends bad games, unless they are vintage PC ones. That's actually my issue with most youtube reviewers though. They recommend shit. He seems like a nice guy though, and beyond bad recommendations, he's OK. All he really seems to have good taste in, is vintage PC games.

Just once I would like a youtube reviewer who's like "yeah, game X is like a 7/10 good, but there's like 1000 games off the top of my head that are better. So no, I can not recommend it even though it's good". I think most of these guys live in some fantasy world where they have time to play through 2k average games in a lifetime. Where in reality, especially if you play RPG's, you would be lucky to break a few hundred unless you have no life.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
He's a surprisingly self-aware person. Seems fairly comfortably settled in to what he is now instead of trying to be something else.

He's fucked up for sure but he seems pretty awesome. Though who wouldn't be. His stuff with RLM is funny as shit.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Did he just hit Hornswoggle with a paint can on a rope?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm not a huge Metal Jesus fan. I will watch him if I see he posts a vintage PC related video. My main issue with his channel is that he almost always recommends bad games, unless they are vintage PC ones. That's actually my issue with most youtube reviewers though. They recommend shit. He seems like a nice guy though, and beyond bad recommendations, he's OK. All he really seems to have good taste in, is vintage PC games.

Just once I would like a youtube reviewer who's like "yeah, game X is like a 7/10 good, but there's like 1000 games off the top of my head that are better. So no, I can not recommend it even though it's good". I think most of these guys live in some fantasy world where they have time to play through 2k average games in a lifetime. Where in reality, especially if you play RPG's, you would be lucky to break a few hundred unless you have no life.

Review scores are stupid. A 7 out of 10 is basically shit. And yet there are 6 more numbers to go. No one actually thinks a game is a 4, so they say 7 instead.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Review scores are stupid. A 7 out of 10 is basically shit. And yet there are 6 more numbers to go. No one actually thinks a game is a 4, so they say 7 instead.

I'd love to see the score stats from all popular magazines and review sites over time. I believe Game Informer had a section where they revisited past games and rescored them. . . to see which games were a 7/10 in 1995 but now they mark a 3/10. If you compiled their accuracy, then you could see how each of their scores degrade over time. A reviewer could finally say, "I give this a 7/10, which means there's a 90% chance it's really a 5/10 game 5 years from now".

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Game Sack, LGR, and Nostalgia Nerd are all you need for Youtube gaming goodness.

I still gotta give props to the nerd for doing AVGN for 14 years. He's been pumping out more videos than usual, and the VHS rental store videos are pretty entertaining too. Just keep Matei out of them.

Seconded, all of this is so true.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Game Sack, LGR, and Nostalgia Nerd are all you need for Youtube gaming goodness.

I still gotta give props to the nerd for doing AVGN for 14 years. He's been pumping out more videos than usual, and the VHS rental store videos are pretty entertaining too. Just keep Matei out of them.

Fuck Mike Matei. I’m surprised he hasn’t caught more flack for his (literally racist) edgelord web comic he created “the loco bandito”

https://www.reddit.com/r/ComedyCemetery/comments/6eu3i5/the_loco_bandito_xpost_rdelusionalartists/

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
He posted a picture of his dick on reddit /r/TheCinemassacre or something. Even in the early videos you can tell Mike was the kind of friend AVGN had when they were kids, but then they grew up and Mike was still fucked in the head while AVGN grew up, started a family and got his shit together.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Mike Matei is a spreg who doesn't even know anything about video game history.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
That AVGN guy is really obnoxious, his self-demeaning demeanor for jokes is very cringe inducing

Last edited:

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Mike Matei fired Bootsy from Cinemassacre for actually being good at games.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Fuck Mike Matei. I’m surprised he hasn’t caught more flack for his (literally racist) edgelord web comic he created “the loco bandito”

https://www.reddit.com/r/ComedyCemetery/comments/6eu3i5/the_loco_bandito_xpost_rdelusionalartists/

because we're adults, and that's the point.

He's actually decent at games. I used to be anti-Mike due to the fake tough guy act, but he's calmed down over the years. I think he's accepted his role as an insignificant streamer.

lordnikon

Another Striker
... Basically, the guy has water/mold in his basement due to a leak in the foundation of his house. He posted pics online, and when people showed concern for his well-being (or so he says), he created a video showing the damage, getting an estimate for a solution to the problem, and then closing by saying that he wanted to make this video so people wouldn't wonder why his next few videos wouldn't show the basement in upheaval. He went on to title the video "Oh no! $10,000 basement repair' or something like that, and many people have been ripping him a new one in the comment section of that video for his backhanded e-begging. ...
I bought a new house a few years back, and while performing some pre-move-in repairs, I noticed water in the basement. As a result I had interior drain tile installed.

Metal Jesus Rocks has NO idea what he is in for.

He is mistaken if he thinks he can simply consolidate his stuff into the center of the basement. The space will be consumed with dirt, debree, and dust from all the construction. They don't "dig" a trench. They use a jackhammer. Everything will need to be removed, especially for the contractors to do their job.

All the studs have to be cut, along with drywall removal, and if he has to remove the sheetrock, electrical wiring and outlets will need to be secured/moved/re-routed.

His studs are not to code (neither were mine). Once the drain tile is installed, he will have to re-do all the stud work around the entire perimeter (which means demo'ing everything, not just 4-feet of drywall). The drain-tile is typically gapped out from the walls by roughly 0.5 inches, so you have to compensate for this somehow in the stud work (I used 1-by-4's and metal brackets to fuse them to the vertical 2-by-4's).

Furthermore, he will probobly want to line the walls with plastic sheets, feeding the plastic down into the draintile. Leaking will drip along the wall into the tile, but spewing water (which can happen) will send the water over the drain tile into the basement causing water damage. Even leaking water can get into contact with the studs and cause mold, and any direct contact with a leak source can cause water to wick along studs or into drywall.

The plastic is also important to create what is known as a "moisture barrier". Even without leaking water, concrete acts like a sponge, and breaths moisture. A de-humidifier is needed as well to cut down the moisture levels. A basement lacking either of these solutions puts all his games at risk of gradual degradation as the paper and cases (see: genesis and neo-geo) warp due to temp/moisture fluctuations.

I did all of the demo/restoration work on my basement, and it was an incredible amount of work. I will be surprised if he manages to get all of this sorted out in under 2 months.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
TIL never buy a house with a basement, jesus christ

Probably true, but basements are on the rise.
They can double the usable space of a house, but i've never seen a basement that doesnt leak somewhere.
Tough choice if you want space or peace of mind.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I lived in two houses with basements, never any problems though.