Metal Jesus Rocks on Youtube

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
... he just looks like the type of guy that grew up with parents that refused to let him grow his hair long or grow facial hair, and is just now experiencing the freedoms of looking like a pedophile.

that made me spit out my coffee, bravo!

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
And to think the weekends are usually dead around here

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
dood is a hoarder, and knows jack shit.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Besides Game Sack and My Life In Gaming, Classic Gaming Quarterly (Hey Jibbs) is also pretty great.

But why has no one mentioned Bithead1000, the greatest video game program in the history of human civilization?!?!? MJR should mow his lawn and pay him a dollar for the privilege.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I didn't pay attention to the thread creator when I saw the title and assumed this thread was created because of MJR's latest video (came across my 'suggested videos' section and clicked on it when I saw the title.)

Basically, the guy has water/mold in his basement due to a leak in the foundation of his house. He posted pics online, and when people showed concern for his well-being (or so he says), he created a video showing the damage, getting an estimate for a solution to the problem, and then closing by saying that he wanted to make this video so people wouldn't wonder why his next few videos wouldn't show the basement in upheaval. He went on to title the video "Oh no! $10,000 basement repair' or something like that, and many people have been ripping him a new one in the comment section of that video for his backhanded e-begging.

There was absolutely no need to show any of what's going on in house, talk about possible solutions, and then mention a dollar figure. The reasoning he gives is flimsy and reminiscent of the scheme a kid would concoct for their parents in calling home talking about their problems hoping their parents will feel sorry for them and offer money without a direct ask.
As people had said in the comments, sometimes - if you can'[t afford to get it done - you just have to sell some shit to take care of real world responsibilities. I imagine there will still be plenty of folls who will set up a 'go fund me' or something for this guy and gladly throw money at him to fix his house problem. Disgusting.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Besides Game Sack and My Life In Gaming, Classic Gaming Quarterly (Hey Jibbs) is also pretty great.

But why has no one mentioned Bithead1000, the greatest video game program in the history of human civilization?!?!? MJR should mow his lawn and pay him a dollar for the privilege.

Bithead is indeed the greatest. Props also to CGQ and MLIG.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler

WITH A 4K FACE!!!!

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
He says he has like 1000+ games. I wonder what his real job is or if he's actually making money off of youtube. How does this guy collect games for 30 years and not have at least some Neo Geo or Neo pocket games? He has to bring in guests about that stuff. I thought the video he did with his guest for Neo Pocket was ok, he didn't know about some stuff like Evolution Eternal Dungeons. I don't consider myself a collector per se because I only buy what I know I'll play, and when I'm done with something I usually sell it. I'm more of an accidental collector if anything. I'd consider doing videos, but I don't like being videotaped. I don't mind being still-photoed.

The only big box PC games I've ever owned was Atomic Bomberman, Blade Runner, and the Sims.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'd hit it.

I guess it must be normal for women from your country to sport a beard.

giphy.gif

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I'd consider doing videos, but I don't like being videotaped. I don't mind being still-photoed.

So there you go.

There is this kit you can get that lets you etch recordings onto a a solo cup and play them back like a phonograph cylinder. Get that, take a bunch of still photos and build them into a flip book. Then launch a e-begging site and every month you'll mail out a Flip Book with a audio recorded plastic cup, rather than a video to all of your backers.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
He says he has like 1000+ games. I wonder what his real job is or if he's actually making money off of youtube. How does this guy collect games for 30 years and not have at least some Neo Geo or Neo pocket games? He has to bring in guests about that stuff. I thought the video he did with his guest for Neo Pocket was ok, he didn't know about some stuff like Evolution Eternal Dungeons. I don't consider myself a collector per se because I only buy what I know I'll play, and when I'm done with something I usually sell it. I'm more of an accidental collector if anything. I'd consider doing videos, but I don't like being videotaped. I don't mind being still-photoed.

The only big box PC games I've ever owned was Atomic Bomberman, Blade Runner, and the Sims.

To be fair it’s easy to get that many games and not collect Neo stuff at all. I have a large collection since I never sold stuff - I don’t go out and buy stacks of games but i have built up a lot. AES stuff might have always just kept him out by price. I still don’t own anything AES, I got lucky when I got my MVS cab for cheap. I don’t think I’ll ever buy a single AES cart. Doesn’t seem he’s into arcades too much - his cab is an x-arcade emulation cab

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Game Sack, LGR, and Nostalgia Nerd are all you need for Youtube gaming goodness.

I still gotta give props to the nerd for doing AVGN for 14 years. He's been pumping out more videos than usual, and the VHS rental store videos are pretty entertaining too. Just keep Matei out of them.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Game Sack, LGR, and Nostalgia Nerd are all you need for Youtube gaming goodness.

I still gotta give props to the nerd for doing AVGN for 14 years. He's been pumping out more videos than usual, and the VHS rental store videos are pretty entertaining too. Just keep Matei out of them.

I dont mind Nostaliga Nerd too much, but hes got a weird way of speaking and it kinda gets to me. And yeah, Im one of those that gets annoyed with pronunciation, and lisps/etc on documentarists. Is that even a word? Anyway, I kinda like the Gaming Historian dude because it feels like an actual documentary youre watching. I also like Did you Know Gaming for quick little tidbit docs.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
The only youtube game guys I like are Game Sack. And AVGN is good in short, drunken views (he just had a recent video on the Amiga CD).

No love for these guys?

My Life In Gaming
Gaming Historian
HappyConsoleGamer
StopSkeletonsFromFighting

I also enjoy NESComplex and MichaelBGameGenie as smaller underrated YouTube gaming channels.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
No love for these guys?

My Life In Gaming
Gaming Historian
HappyConsoleGamer

I also enjoy NESComplex and MichaelBGameGenie as smaller underrated YouTube gaming channels.

I like all these guys, also ModernVintageGamer. I’ll check out the last two you posted.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
No love for these guys?

My Life In Gaming
Gaming Historian
HappyConsoleGamer

I loved the videos about the making of Mighty No. 9 by StopSkeletonsFromFighting.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I dont mind Nostaliga Nerd too much, but hes got a weird way of speaking and it kinda gets to me. And yeah, Im one of those that gets annoyed with pronunciation, and lisps/etc on documentarists. Is that even a word? Anyway, I kinda like the Gaming Historian dude because it feels like an actual documentary youre watching. I also like Did you Know Gaming for quick little tidbit docs.

I get really annoyed at how Rtu Rich constantly says Mario as Marri-o.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I have never heard of most of these youtubers mention.

I just know MJR crew!:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock::buttrock: