HELP / Garou Mark of the Wolves and Last Blade 2 GLITCH !!!

Hello everybody

Nice to meet you all

I just got some days ago two games that I always wanted in AES: Garou Mark of the Wolves and Last Blade 2. I ordered them to HitJapan on eBay
Was really happy until I noticed glitches in the two games. On Garou, only 6 dead pixels on the intro and on Last blade 2 same but flash black pixels like glitch on the highscore screen and during battles in some stage when zoom out. I don't have this problem in any of my other games ! I opened the two AES cartridge (it was stressful :eek: ) and didn't notice anything strange. Could it be my Neogeo ? I really don't understand can someone have a clue ?. My mother board is the famous NEO-AES3-6 ( not for the good lol ) and did the rgb bypass to improve the RGB. I will attach some screens. Thanks in advance to all ! :glee:

Attachments

• IMG_8195.jpg
    IMG_8195.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_CF7C869D7210-3.jpeg
    IMG_CF7C869D7210-3.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_8191.jpg
    IMG_8191.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 162

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Clean the games and your cart slot really well and try it again. If the problem persists, open the carts up and take some detailed pics of the PCBs, may be some shenanigans afoot.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I doubt this is cart related. I suspect ram in the AES.

Last edited:
I cleaned the carts, cleaned the cart slot, same problem. any difference :(
Will take pictures of the carts tomorrow and will post them here but I suspect as Niko said, Ram in the AES :mad::blow_top:

I have a friend who will come to mine end of the week, so we will try with his console. I'm too scared to open the carts again :oh_no:

FINALLY ! tried the games at my friends house in another Neo-Geo. The games works perfectly ! I tried another RGB cable ( in the case it was a cable problem ) but always same thing on my Neo :-((
What should I do ? Anyone know where I can check to find a solution ?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
FINALLY ! tried the games at my friends house in another Neo-Geo. The games works perfectly ! I tried another RGB cable ( in the case it was a cable problem ) but always same thing on my Neo :-((
What should I do ? Anyone know where I can check to find a solution ?

I might try making sure a) the pins in the cartridge slot are all clean and b) you don't have a slightly bent pin that is causing a bad / missing connection to the cart itself. Since you ruled the carts out, I'd start with the cartridge slot and work from there

I usually cut a cotton t-shirt and use an old hotel room key. (or any other semi ridged plastic card with no raised numbers) I'll put some 90% isopropyl alcohol on the tshirt, wrap it flat around the card, and gentle insert the card into the cartridge slots, working it up and down to remove any debris and clean the pins

Did all the possible cleans, I use this technic too with a plastic card and thin t-shirt with alcool, nothing to do....

Today I opened My Neo, cleaned all the board, all pins of cart slot, tried to touch chips while run-in last blade 2 to see if problem change, nothing seem to happened. All the circuits seems to be good no broken trace, I noticed one thing also. The power supply make a noise, never notice it before, could this be problem of power supply ? I think its possible because nothing wrong on the motherboard ! Let me know your suggestion
Best regards

Omar C.

Also noticed that after a while, the problem tempt to be still here but a bit smaller that 1st launch of the console

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I feel like this is going to be RAM related. I'd try to replace those.

Ok I will try it, hoping it's that and not another chip in the console :oh_no: do you know where I can find those ? or a good tutorial that explain it ?
Thanks in advance

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
iirc it's the C1 or B1 going bad. Can't remember exactly which one.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
iirc it's the C1 or B1 going bad. Can't remember exactly which one.

I think you're right! B1 contains some internal buffering from what I understand. That might allow it to pass diagnostics and boot etc.

Unless its intermittent to the point that when booting its able to test the two types of VRAM without issue.