Least qualified nominee for UN ambassador from USA ever

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Heather Nauert has zero qualifications on her resume beyond being a post-peak cum dumpster who Trump would have once rubbed one out to while his wife was pregnant years ago.

Pretty sure at this point he’s trying to destroy America.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
This is insane. This could be the plot to a Jennifer Garner movie where she gets appointed to the UN and is way over her head.

Marek

Banned
BUT WHAT ABOUT HILLARY'S EMAILS AND THAT THING THAT HAPPENED IN THAT COUNTRY IN AFRICA

FUCKING CUCKS

Yoshi

20 Year Member
How can one be "qualified" to be an ambassador to an organization that we should not even acknowledge? It would be like saying that any of us isn't qualified to be neo-geo.com's ambassador to ResetEra. I'd consider it a compliment.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
And why, pray tell, should we not even recognize the UN

"It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world; so far, I mean, as we are now at liberty to do it; for let me not be understood as capable of patronizing infidelity to existing engagements. I hold the maxim no less applicable to public than to private affairs, that honesty is always the best policy. I repeat it, therefore, let those engagements be observed in their genuine sense. But, in my opinion, it is unnecessary and would be unwise to extend them."

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
"It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world; so far, I mean, as we are now at liberty to do it; for let me not be understood as capable of patronizing infidelity to existing engagements. I hold the maxim no less applicable to public than to private affairs, that honesty is always the best policy. I repeat it, therefore, let those engagements be observed in their genuine sense. But, in my opinion, it is unnecessary and would be unwise to extend them."

The world has changed since Washington said that in his farewell address in 1796.

And what was his reason for saying that? Because he believed alliances could draw the United States into wars.

Anyone who thinks the US should withdraw from the UN is a nut.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The world has changed since Washington said that in his farewell address in 1796.

And what was his reason for saying that? Because he believed alliances could draw the United States into wars.

Don’t bother with Lithy. He’s a “libertarian.”

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I remember when I was 18 and thought I was a Libertarian too. But a healthy society needs rules, laws and regulations. And in 2018, the world is a lot smaller than it was in 1796. WWII changed everything and the result was America is the superpower of the world. Anyone who thinks withdrawing from the UN is a good idea has zero knowledge of real world politics.

Every man wants to live in a house in the woods by a lake but they don't want to hunt for their own food and build their own roads.

Just flabbergasted that the Yoshi guy thinks getting out of the UN is a good idea. I love that dude's avatar but this changes everything.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
What's new? Everybody he's appointed is useless and has no experience in their jobs including him.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
And why, pray tell, should we not even recognize the UN
We pay ~22% of the UN's base budget but do not get anywhere near an equal benefit. I'd rather see that $1.2B annually, let alone the greater amount we pay for special projects, modernize our infrastructure instead.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
We pay ~22% of the UN's base budget but do not get anywhere near an equal benefit. I'd rather see that $1.2B annually, let alone the greater amount we pay for special projects, modernize our infrastructure instead.

I'd rather Trump take a few fewer golf trips, which would save us that price multiple times over.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

How to quantify the benefit?

This is naive stuff.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

That $1.2 billion is a drop in the bucket. You could spend that building a single bridge or adding lanes to portions of one interstate.

The benefits of UN membership are somewhat intangible but that doesn't make it worthless.

Why bother taking your wife on a date or your family on a vacation when you could spend that money on your video game infrastructure?

It only makes sense if your ultimate goal is to become the Luke Morse of countries.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
That $1.2 billion is a drop in the bucket. You could spend that building a single bridge or adding lanes to portions of one interstate.
I agree with this, but it's an annual number, and the federal government's reach should be limited to things like interstates and train tracks to begin with. I suspect, though admittedly have not researched, that $1.2B annually would do a lot of good to our interstate transportation, though it's clearly not a silver bullet. At least it would be very tangible.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
It's not hard to quantify the benefit of active dissension among members who directly benefit from our goodwill (read: naivety) as zero at best.

Murca has no idea what dissension means. The whole world has done pretty much what you want for 50+ years.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

What do you think America should get back? Blow jobs and anal?

Complaining about UN spending while our military budget is off the rails sounds really bad.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

Confucious say, "Wisdom never change."