Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Furries should be shot... out of a cannon... in to the sun

Art of Typing Wiz

Quote Originally Posted by HDRchampion View Post
    Walk a mile in someone else's furry shoes. How would you know unless you're gay, black or furry what he has gone through. Who cares what he thinks of Republicans or other political shit. If he wants to say it, who cares, why get bothered by it.
    Walk a mile in his shoes. Really now.

The dude acts like he's been oppressed when in reality he's not. The thing about him saying what he said is one thing but you have to look at the future impact mouthing off like that will cost him in the future. He's not going to be playing games for the rest of his life. He's going to go out into the real world one day and someone's going to remember his stupid shit-talking when he's looking for a real job and tell him to go fuck himself for it.

In any position when you're the face of something, the best thing you can do is behave like a normal human being and don't try and shit on one group or another because it's the popular edgy thing to do.

Also, I doubt you were any good in fighting games. Most old people say they were good but aren't. If you were part of the FGC you would know how low class most of them act.
    As much as I think you're trying to challenge my ego here, I'm beyond that these days. I stopped involving myself in the FGC as you call it because of how shitty it got. I used to compete in Alpha 2 and 3rd Strike Tournys years ago but that's neither here nor there. The thing is it doesn't change the point that I had a lot of people I knew who supported me but I also wasn't a dick to the people I played with because in the end it's just a fucking game.

I'd like to feel that Alpha 2 was my high point mainly because when I played, I hardly lost and when I did, I didn't feel the need to get salty about it or make up excuses for it. The FGC used to be fun but it's turned into a clicky mess of what it used to be. Maybe one day it'll change but as of back then, that kind of shit is why I walked away from playing seriously anymore. Hell I played Alpha 2 about a month ago and after almost 10 years of never playing it, I just literally couldn't enjoy it anymore.
    Last edited by Viewpoint; 12-10-2018 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    Hell I played Alpha 2 about a month ago and after almost 10 years of never playing it, I just literally couldn't enjoy it anymore.
    dsmn, and Alpha 2? I can get Alpha 1 or 3, but 2? sad bro

Art of Typing Wiz

Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    Alpha 1 I loved to death Sage. However Alpha 2 came out at a perfect time for me. I literally sunk a ton of money and hours into playing it as much as I could back then when I had more free time then common sense. I liked Alpha 3 as well but it never pulled me in like the previous two games did. I think I'm gonna get roasted for saying I liked 2nd Impact way more then 3rd Strike.

2nd Impact beats 3rd Strike in aesthetics, no doubt.

Alpha 1, I actually like. Especially the CD soundtrack. Alpha 3 is shit, I don't like it, never have. I am not the autistic kind of guy who cares about balance in a fighting game, but maybe that explains it. I drove two hours to Segata_Sanshiro's house (well, his parents house) and we played that on the Saturn along with other games, like Ketsui. I sometimes wonder what he's up to now.

Anyways, moral of the story is, Alpha 2 is one of the best if not the best Street Fighter game.

Art of Typing Wiz

You're welcome if you can get past the firewall of China.

I am beat by the Great Firewall.

edit: Alpha 1 was an unfinished and rushed game. Alpha 2 should've been what was released. I mean, fighting Bison in a fucking New York train yard? Makes zero sense. But great AST and if you're with friends (which none of us are now) then it's fun enough.
    Last edited by LoneSage; 12-10-2018 at 11:59 PM.

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby is doing and can I afford to take care of him while buying your stuff. HDRchampion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    Walk a mile in his shoes. Really now.

The dude acts like he's been oppressed when in reality he's not. The thing about him saying what he said is one thing but you have to look at the future impact mouthing off like that will cost him in the future. He's not going to be playing games for the rest of his life. He's going to go out into the real world one day and someone's going to remember his stupid shit-talking when he's looking for a real job and tell him to go fuck himself for it.

In any position when you're the face of something, the best thing you can do is behave like a normal human being and don't try and shit on one group or another because it's the popular edgy thing to do.

As much as I think you're trying to challenge my ego here, I'm beyond that these days. I stopped involving myself in the FGC as you call it because of how shitty it got. I used to compete in Alpha 2 and 3rd Strike Tournys years ago but that's neither here nor there. The thing is it doesn't change the point that I had a lot of people I knew who supported me but I also wasn't a dick to the people I played with because in the end it's just a fucking game.

I'd like to feel that Alpha 2 was my high point mainly because when I played, I hardly lost and when I did, I didn't feel the need to get salty about it or make up excuses for it. The FGC used to be fun but it's turned into a clicky mess of what it used to be. Maybe one day it'll change but as of back then, that kind of shit is why I walked away from playing seriously anymore. Hell I played Alpha 2 about a month ago and after almost 10 years of never playing it, I just literally couldn't enjoy it anymore.
    Future job, are you serious...You really think this will affect his future because of his comment...Dude is only 20 years old and already made $500,000 on just tournaments alone. He gets a pro salary from his sponsors too, who knows what else he gets from youtube account if he has one. I doubt this guy would need a 9to5 job from a butthurt republican.

Did you win tournaments in Alpha2?

WA6TJE
    Future job, are you serious...You really think this will affect his future because of his comment...Dude is only 20 years old and already made $500,000 on just tournaments alone.
    Oh good, that should hold him over through the entire rest of his life. And then, plus, if he's a youtuber, I bet his family is already fighting over his estate.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post

Gay people were oppressed for a very long time. The things done to them and how the public treated them was horrible and at times, horrific. When the strong part of the gay rights movement finally happened, it tipped the scales too far in the other direction. Look at where we are now, the gay rights movement has taken on a life of its own, many homosexuals are over protected nearly to the point where they can do or say what they like with zero backlash. Any opposition is met with extreme hostility and now legal action. Some claim to be never-ending victims and make a scene whenever possible
    Just for the record, in many states of the US you can be fired simply for being gay.
    There was no immunity to cuckoo ideas on Earth.
    Here was the reason human beings could not reject ideas because they were bad: "Ideas on Earth were badges of friendship or enmity.
    Their content didn't matter. Friends agreed with friends, in order to express friendliness. Enemies disagreed with enemies, in order to express enmity.

Art of Typing Wiz

Future job, are you serious...You really think this will affect his future because of his comment...Dude is only 20 years old and already made $500,000 on just tournaments alone.
    There are people who've made way more money then he has in their careers who let their ego and arrogance ruin their lives for doing stupid shit. A guy with an attitude like his well it's only a matter of time before he says or does something because he's young & stupid & thinks he's invincible.

Take that dumbass Kathy Griffin or however you spell her name. That whole beheaded Donald Trump shit? Not even Democrats endorsed that shit and now she's blacklisted from working in Hollywood ever again.

You could say oh he was only 20 at the time but do you seriously believe in this age of social justice and mob mentality that if he does something a lot of people don't like that he won't have his shit ruined? It could take something minor even if it's not true & his sponsors would pull out so fast it would make your head spin.

He gets a pro salary from his sponsors too, who knows what else he gets from youtube account if he has one. I doubt this guy would need a 9to5 job from a butthurt republican.
    And what's going to happen when that dries out? And I was never talking about a 9 to 5 job. Any sort of job where you can be in a visual spot light is one of those things they will look you over with a fine tooth comb to see if you've done or said anything which might look bad on them if they hire you. Arrogant comments like the shit he's said doesn't open doors, it closes them hard.

Did you win tournaments in Alpha2?
    A couple locally in Texas but I never went further then that even tho some of the people I played went on to compete versus Alex Valle and whatnot. I wish I'd gone further but I was more concerned about working at the time even tho I loved Alpha 2 a lot.

people making 500k plus for playing video games. what a time to be alive.

WA6TJE
    people making 500k plus for playing video games. what a time to be alive.
    Talk about peaking early.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
    Talk about peaking early.
    It'll be spent on a Ferrari and bitches in about 5 seconds and then we'll see him on an episode of COPS.

!!

I was Born This Ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by norton9478 View Post
    Just for the record, in many states of the US you can be fired simply for being gay.
    That's a bit of a provocative statement...are you technically correct? Yes. Are most employers that dumb? No. People are fired from their jobs due to prejudice all over this country and on a daily basis, most employers are smart enough to blame it on the thousands of ways to legally dismiss an employee.

If people are ever going to mentally evolve, it won't be because of someone passing a law about it.
    Currently seeking the SNES limited ocean blue cart- Alexander Popov's Communist Swimming. Holla at your boy if you have one.

Galford's Armourer
    Future job, are you serious...You really think this will affect his future because of his comment...Dude is only 20 years old and already made $500,000 on just tournaments alone. He gets a pro salary from his sponsors too, who knows what else he gets from youtube account if he has one. I doubt this guy would need a 9to5 job from a butthurt republican.
    That much money won't go very far being spent on GRIDS medication.

Oh hey I can change this now GohanX's Avatar
    Alpha 2 is the best Street Fighter, son. The only thing that keeps it from being perfect is that the custom combos break the game at high level play.
    I'm surrounded by console peasants

Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post
    most employers are smart enough to blame it on the thousands of ways to legally dismiss an employee.

And in many states, being LGBTQWhatever is one of those ways. Just think about it for a second.
    There was no immunity to cuckoo ideas on Earth.
    Here was the reason human beings could not reject ideas because they were bad: "Ideas on Earth were badges of friendship or enmity.
    Their content didn't matter. Friends agreed with friends, in order to express friendliness. Enemies disagreed with enemies, in order to express enmity.

Not Average Joe.
    Not Average Homeowner.
    Not Average At All.
    Quote Originally Posted by norton9478 View Post
    And in many states, being LGBTQWhatever is one of those ways. Just think about it for a second.
    So, this one time I got fired from a job for not being gay.

The struggle is real.

WA6TJE
    Quote Originally Posted by FAT$TACKS View Post
    So, this one time I got fired from a job for not being gay.

The struggle is real.
    Crazily enough, this happened to me as well when I was an English teacher back in the '90s. The head teacher in charge of hiring was a gay Scot and hired only other gay guys (mostly Scots). One other guy and I got hired by a Japanese upper management guy technically above the head teacher, and the resentful head teacher made no secret about trying anything and everything to push us out. Oh well, life in the big city. I got picked up by another school; the other guy had to become a bartender.

Thread Information