Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Anyone ever try to get good at Ikaruga?

  1. #1
    Athena's Stalker
    greedostick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Go forth; touch the Demon inside me. Let these ownerless souls become thine own.

    Posts
    3,977

    Anyone ever try to get good at Ikaruga?

    Who here has tried to get good at Ikaruga? I mean real good, not just 1cc. Like fucking demolish this game with an absurd score without dying.

    I've played this game off and on since the the Dreamcast days, and I struggle hard. I've almost 1cc'd it without trying to worry about points. The last stage boss is brutal though.


    So I messed with it a bit on Switch today. The top score for this game on Switch is 34,613,960 points. I downloaded this replay and watched it a few times.

    I have crazy respect for people who can destroy Ikaruga like this. I really think you have to be a god tier gamer to do it.

    My struggle with the game is I destroy something, flip polarity, and forget I have bullets from enemies destroyed coming my way. Or, I lose track of what polarity I am, and try to absorb a bullet and die.

    One day I would really like to put in the work and get gud, but honestly I don't know if I have it in me. I think you have to have a really unique brain to pull this off. Or else I'm missing something.
    The new Castlevania Anime lookin Fire AF.

  2. #2
    The Chinese Kid Kid Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panda Islandô

    Posts
    12,279
    No you don't need anything special. If you put the hours you put into Skyrim or dark souls into a shmup, then you will play at this level. People don't realize that it's usually hundreds if not thousands of hours poured into these games. There are guys for instance that have 1500 hours into DDP Daioujou and score in the billions.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

  3. #3
    Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong
    GohanX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Above you peasants

    Posts
    9,982
    Man, I'd be happy if I could just 1cc it. The last two stages destroy me.
    I'm surrounded by console peasants

  4. #4
    Kyo Clone
    fakeXsound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mass

    Posts
    6,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    No you don't need anything special. If you put the hours you put into Skyrim or dark souls into a shmup, then you will play at this level. People don't realize that it's usually hundreds if not thousands of hours poured into these games. There are guys for instance that have 1500 hours into DDP Daioujou and score in the billions.
    I have a hard time improving, even when I put the hours in. I think it comes down to a few things. One is the "stupid mistakes", where even though I'm in the zone, something ridiculous or unlucky happens. Another is that it can be hard for me to make the right move, even when I've looked up what to do on YouTube, I get nervous and forget what I'm supposed to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by GregN View Post
    Grocery stores are like chinese and mexican places; some of them are local.

  5. #5
    We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.
    ChuChu Flamingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    US

    Posts
    2,021


    he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.
    Nintendo 64 Pikachu Edition Serial #NS294668665 Nintendo 64 "Funtastic Series" Jungle Green Serial #NS28721865

  6. #6
    The Chinese Kid Kid Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panda Islandô

    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeXsound View Post
    I have a hard time improving, even when I put the hours in. I think it comes down to a few things. One is the "stupid mistakes", where even though I'm in the zone, something ridiculous or unlucky happens. Another is that it can be hard for me to make the right move, even when I've looked up what to do on YouTube, I get nervous and forget what I'm supposed to do.
    That's part of the thing, once you dump hundreds of hours it's like playing any other game, you don't get nervous. Remember when you were a kid and super Mario bros would make you get nervous if you were somewhere you had never been? It's the same thing. I still get nervous when playing certain shooters simply because I'm not familiar with the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

  7. #7
    Kyo Clone
    fakeXsound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mass

    Posts
    6,416
    True, true.

    Quote Originally Posted by GregN View Post
    Grocery stores are like chinese and mexican places; some of them are local.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •