Apollo pro joystick any Good? any forum users still use one?

Hey everyone. Does anyone here still Have or use an Apollo pro joystick? obviously I've read a few posts over the years of ones that have been offered up for sale. I have a couple questions for any owner :lolz:

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 225

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I had one of these.... All i can say of the one I had is that the internals were so shit that the gold traces more or less peeled away from the pcb board inside and thus half the inputs didn't work.

Dialknight

n00b
I've seen the same listing for one of those on ebay for years now. It's a perfect gift for when your friend or relatives wanna play.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I had two of those.

While the stock materials are shite, they can easily be swapped with good ones. The cool thing about them, was that they came with adapters for all MD, SNES, PCE. They are supposed to pair a production Supergun.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Yeah, I remember adverts for these in the back of C&VG and Mean Machines. They look just as awful now as they did back then.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I remember adverts for these in the back of C&VG and Mean Machines. They look just as awful now as they did back then.

I had the ball tops instead of bat tops. They were still hideous. However, nice to pair with a test Supergun.

hi, happy new year to all, no it was just i was hoping that someone in this thread might own one or still use one, i have bought one now, but i am not sure it is working correctly, i presume using with a neogeo only 4 buttons are wired to work and not all of the buttons simply cloning the existing four button inputs of the neogeo joystick, also had a couple of questions about the grey external converter box, i think mine maybe faulty cheers

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
ea49e6b67b5147589008eb639a13de84.jpg

Found one at a game store today. Different model than what I had used at one point. The throw on that joystick is super long. It tips the side of the stick if you hit right lol.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for taking the time for the photo. This is something different. So it is a clone case of an Apollo joystick but not multi format unlike the Apollo looking at the top of the joystick it has a switch between Sega megadrive and pc engine. I wonder what the cable it comes with.

Tiki

n00b
A few years later...
I bought a clone of the Apollo Pro Joystick in mint condition. The "Fighter Pro-4" (that's the only info I have about it). This one is a total mystery. Though I prefer its START & SELECT button position and stick (Hybrid Between Happ and Sanwa.. A baseball bat with a spherical top) better than the ones of the Apollo.
Fighter Pro-4_top.jpg

Tiki

n00b
It comes with the set for the Mega Drive (Genesis), Zuper Famicom and and and... The Neo Geo, the one I'm using the stick withFighter Pro-4_set.jpg

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Interesting thread bump. How do you rate the stick and buttons, are you happy with them or do you intend to swap them out ASAP?

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
The nostalgia factor is impressive but this stick suuuuuucks. I wouldn’t replace anything.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I have/had some similar ones I got off eBay a lifetime ago.
They were garbage tier garbage.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Anybody remember their old super gun? It was nice and compact but that was crap too!
I had problems with that thing almost immediately out of the box.Ill never forget I was having problems getting Mat Mania to work.
This had to be like early to mid nineties ('92-'95)when MAS was the thing....
BB

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Anybody remember their old super gun? It was nice and compact but that was crap too!
I had problems with that thing almost immediately out of the box.Ill never forget I was having problems getting Mat Mania to work.
BB
You mean the "Supergun Gun II" with SF2 font?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
BB
Superguns (outside of pro test rigs) were around in the first half of the 90's? I thought that all came about in the latter half.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
You mean the "Supergun Gun II" with SF2 font?
No .Gamesgroup made a Supergun that was a black box with two dials,a switch and two joy ports on the front panel and it came with a pad that resembled Mega Drive/Genesis which was 6 buttons whereas the later mentioned was still only 3 buttons.
The unit cost me approximately 500USD+ from one of the West Coast mail order places in one of the popular US gaming mags of that time.
It was a problem right out of the box..the encoder was complete garbage.
This was around the time you could purchase a street fighter 2 board while it was still mega popular in the arcades
BB

Last edited: