Have I found a perviously unknown code for Last Blade / Last Blade 2 (NeoGeo CD versions)?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Been looking at these games and discovered in the coding a button code for both games that I have not seen mentioned anywhere in any game FAQs online.

Basically if you hilight the demo viewer in the options menu of either game and press the following button code -

(C) (C) (C) (C) (C) (C) (B) (B) (B) (C) (C) (C) (C)

You instantly unlock all the endings etc for either game and it will also save it to the memory card. I know this button sequence is used elsewhere in the games but I have never seen it mentioned to instantly unlock the endings in the CD versions.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'll have to try this out on my New Neo Cd.

Bean_Bandit

New Challenger
Might be a stretch or a coincidence, but counting those presses in Japanese could turn that pattern into MU SA SHI. (6) (3) (4)
Given the game, maybe it's also very intentional?

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Been looking at these games and discovered in the coding a button code for both games that I have not seen mentioned anywhere in any game FAQs online.

Basically if you hilight the demo viewer in the options menu of either game and press the following button code -

You instantly unlock all the endings etc for either game and it will also save it to the memory card. I know this button sequence is used elsewhere in the games but I have never seen it mentioned to instantly unlock the endings in the CD versions.

Niice! :buttrock:

I tried it on a system that I had no Last Blade save data on (the slower model 2 rather than the cdz that I usually use). The code inputs had to be performed pretty fast before the confirmation sound could be heard letting me know that the code had worked.

Here's Last Blade 1:

IMG_8267.JPG

Last Blade 2 before and after:

IMG_8269.JPG IMG_8270.JPG

Thanks Razoola!

Might be a stretch or a coincidence, but counting those presses in Japanese could turn that pattern into MU SA SHI. (6) (3) (4)

Nice catch!!

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

6 = roku
3 = san
4 = shi or yon

so, roku-san-shi or roku-san-yon which don't mean anything AFAIK.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
6 = roku
3 = san
4 = shi or yon

so, roku-san-shi or roku-san-yon which don't mean anything AFAIK.

Whats up fakeXsound! Since kanji can have multiple readings, one of the kun-yomi readings for the six “六” kanji is “む”(Mu) and one of the readings of the four “四” kanji is “し”(shi). The same goes for the three “三” kanji and “さ”(sa).

Although not exact, the 六(mu) 三(sa) 四(shi) combo is pretty clever if it ever turned out to be true.

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Whats up fakeXsound! Since kanji can have multiple readings, one of the kun-yomi readings for the six “六” kanji is “む”(Mu) and one of the readings of the four “四” kanji is “し”(shi). The same goes for the three “三” kanji and “さ”(sa).

Although not exact, the 六(mu) 三(sa) 四(shi) combo is pretty clever if it ever turned out to be true.

Wow, didn't know that. I'm just going by what I learned in my karate class when I was 4 and was trying to become a Ninja Turtle.

davidjv

n00b

Hi Raz Is there any way to access this mini game ?

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Well? Did you become a Ninja Turtle?

Actually, yes. I was once running around my yard with a bandana / mask on and a kid rode by on his bike and was like "Whoah, a Ninja Turtle!" That moment is up there with when the founder of Black Flag thought I was a member of Refused and told me I played a great set.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Hi Raz Is there any way to access this mini game ?

Hey, thats really cool, when I first saw it I though it was fake but I followed the instructions that are in the YT thread and its really there. Its not so clear in the info but after the patch you enable debugDIP 1-8 while its in the attract sequence (get into unibios ingame menu without pressing start first or youll start a game). Once debugDIP set let it continue in attract mode and hold button D down when attract mode ends (so button D is pressed when attract mode cycles). This will bring up the debug menu where you can then choose the cut editor and play sequence 1A. Then that mini game starts.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Perviously?

...sounds you might've been on the mull wine overnight Raz...

xROTx

Hey, thats really cool, when I first saw it I though it was fake but I followed the instructions that are in the YT thread and its really there. Its not so clear in the info but after the patch you enable debugDIP 1-8 while its in the attract sequence (get into unibios ingame menu without pressing start first or youll start a game). Once debugDIP set let it continue in attract mode and hold button D down when attract mode ends (so button D is pressed when attract mode cycles). This will bring up the debug menu where you can then choose the cut editor and play sequence 1A. Then that mini game starts.

Wow, thanks for sussing that out. Quite amazing that it’s there and inaccessible without patching the P2. Quite developed mini-game with sound effects.

I believe the demo viewer shortcut was covered in one of the Neo Geo Freaks, and here too:
http://www.neo-arcadia.com/neoencyclopedia/last_blade_codes.pdf

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

It seems like a stretch but yeah むっつ = 六つ = 6 things. But sa shi as 3 4 after using the kunyomi makes me sad. Maybe it works, but I feel like it definitely shouldn’t and would be mumiyo instead. (三つ 四つ)

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Wow, thanks for sussing that out. Quite amazing that it’s there and inaccessible without patching the P2. Quite developed mini-game with sound effects.

I believe the demo viewer shortcut was covered in one of the Neo Geo Freaks, and here too:
http://www.neo-arcadia.com/neoencyclopedia/last_blade_codes.pdf

Thanks for that, I must admit it makes sence because I though it would be very strange the code had lasted all these years without being known.