Show your Christmas thread.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
EegI2xx.jpg

Nothing special & not complete...

The snow does a lot of the work for you though. Merry Christmas!

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
20181219_174000_resized.jpg

20181219_080610_resized(1).jpg

Simply icicle lights, string lights around the avocado tree trunk, and a doe and buck on the outside.

The tree looked perfect when we bought it, but over time and the more water it sucked up, the puffier it got. Now it looks a bit crooked.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
My wife had family in Marquette, MI. Beautiful country, but quite a different winter than even 'Northerners' are used to. They have since moved to waaaaay up there Ashland, Wisconsin. Same idea, different state. Like, you thought Green Bay was pretty far north? Keep going. It is basically the UP.

The Wisconsin no one knows about. Which I am just realizing makes the state of Wisconsin basically a mini, American version of Canada where 90% of the population lives within 100 miles of the southern border.

Cool Grinch idea though, I haven't seen it done before.
I was always fascinated with the Twin Ports region. But then again, that's probably because I'm a pretty huge hockey fan.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Its always got me to see Christmas photos in places with warm Dec weather. Living in the midwest, it's just weird to see green grass and tress that don't look like they're on the set of a Tim Burton film.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
You should see Christmas in Australia. 35 degree (Celsius) days, beaches packed, BBQs blazing, beers flowing.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
That shit will go right out the window as soon as you have to shovel more than 6". Not to mention once the holidays are over there are still 3 months of grey sludge. It's fucking awesome.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Its always got me to see Christmas photos in places with warm Dec weather. Living in the midwest, it's just weird to see green grass and tress that don't look like they're on the set of a Tim Burton film.

The weather has been about 75-85° here in So. Cal.
There is actually a 25% chance of rain on Christmas Day.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
This year is the easiest and the hardest at the same time. In years past, on her birthday (October), her Elf would make an appearance then return the day after thanksgiving when all the shenanigans of moving the elf and leaving little notes etc would begin. Then the night before Christmas, my wife and I are wrapping and laying out the gifts under the tree so when she gets up the gifts magically appear. I remember some nights where my wife made all kinds of fucking noise and we would have to run and hide (Incase she woke up). It was fun and stressful but funny memories looking back. I do remember one time whispering loudly to her to stfu. Not my best moment but we laughed about it.

All that is over now, our daughter never even asked about the elf this year on her birthday and thanksgiving came and went with no mention of it. We were lucky to have 12 years of all that crazy fun.

Now it’s just a matter of keeping shit from her so she doesn’t guess every damned thing we bought. Have to wipe browser history and keep our phones away from her and delete messages that involve gift ideas or shipping info. The cool thing is we can pack the tree up early with gifts and do crazy shit with how we package them to throw her off.

And finally get some credit for who got the gifts instead of it all coming from “Santa”.
yIaGS7g.jpg

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Wow, you must be seriously successful.

Not sure what you’re on about here but I suppose I will clarify my post, I was asking for members to show their Spirit whether it be their home, tree, a room, office space, pets, etc. which kinda took awhile but it’s cool to see some participation.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
That's a self referential joke.

Roker only has sex with the finest of stock.

Solid tree though Neocover.

Took my dogs to get bathed and haircuts and they got pretty sweet Charlie Brown X-Mas scarves, if they haven't demolished them I'll get some pics.

Also Elf on the Shelf is creepy as fuck and should be abolished.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I hope to experience a white Christmas in my lifetime.

There are not many magical things in life, especially as we grow older. But I will never, ever forget waking up one morning and seeing the world covered in white.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Lol M, I live like 80 minutes from Marquette. Pretty funny they do that for the Grinch.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
You should see Christmas in Australia. 35 degree (Celsius) days, beaches packed, BBQs blazing, beers flowing.

It still blows my mind that Dec, Jan, Feb are sumer months for those on the lower half of the world. I know its common knowledge, but it still doesn't make my mind accept it.

The thought of July being a winter month is equally as strange...

Still can wrap my head around that idea...

Yup.

I hope to experience a white Christmas in my lifetime.

Snow is really awesome when it's fresh...but then:

That shit will go right out the window as soon as you have to shovel more than 6". Not to mention once the holidays are over there are still 3 months of grey sludge. It's fucking awesome.

Living in that shit is a completely different story. Ice is even worse. Driving in black ice conditions is a special type of fear...god, it's terrible.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Also Elf on the Shelf is creepy as fuck and should be abolished.

I saw pets were being sold for the elf on a shelf. They even had outfits for both the pets and the elf on the Shelf. He definitely needs a bomber jacket for these cold winter nights :rolleyes:
How can they take more money from parents next year?

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
The worst part for me was dealing with the scraping of ice on the car if it was left outside overnight. Thankfully my lazy ass cleaned out the garage and now am able to fit two cars inside.