Rhythm of Fighters

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
I bought this game and all the DLC when it was new. I know it was removed from the play store about a year after it was released. I'd like to install it on a new phone. I can only install the base game and can't get the extra content. Is there any work around?

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I bought this game and all the DLC when it was new. I know it was removed from the play store about a year after it was released. I'd like to install it on a new phone. I can only install the base game and can't get the extra content. Is there any work around?

Whats up Syxx573. Same here. I played the hell out of this release and downloaded a majority of the music packs before it went under. Awesome game!

Are you using iOS or Android? I have the game and music dlc running on an iphone and I was able to transfer the game, music dlc, and my progress/scores to a new phone using the default itunes phone backup utility. The only drawback with this method is that it was an all or nothing approach. The iphone was also not jailbroken so I simply restored everything from a backup that contained the game.

Also, keep in mind that if you are on iOS the update to the 64-bit iOS broke compatibility to just about every older game app. Many developers have had to update the apps and repost to the apple app-store. After the 64-bit update most of SNK’s mobile games would not even boot. Only a select few titles such as the mobile version of Fatal Fury Special still ran post update. Since then, most of SNK’s mobile games have been reposted in the months that followed and will run now. However, an older unsupported game app like RoF likely has no chance of running on an upgraded iphone so be careful. Good luck!

I keep an old iphone around just to play older iOS exclusive games like this one.

Last edited:

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Thanks. I use android, maybe I can copy the files from my old phone (if I can even get it hooked up).

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I really miss this game. I have a 27" touchscreen I sometimes use with a version of Android for PC and it'd be fun and a bit silly to play it on there. I ought to look around for a download that has everything...

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Well my old phone was completely wiped. Even though the game has been installed from the play store on my new phone, I can not find the data file online everywhere. I'm assuming everything will be unlocked in the game, since I paid for all of it.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
I was able to download a 42.7mb apk from here:

https://the-rhythm-of-fighters.en.uptodown.com/android/download

I didn't test it, though. Maybe try installing it on your old phone and letting us know if the Chinese steal your Google account.

The problem isn't getting the APK. When you install it, it has to download additional data which is no longer available on their server. So essentially I'm looking for that file data. My old phone was wiped unfortunately. I have no other way to play the game unfortunately.