Selling high value items on Ebay

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If I'm selling, I meet at my bank so I can deposit the money right away. But only if it is more than like $4,000

I've also met at a bank so that we could verify the cashier's cheque.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
If you sell on the boards, people expect a discount. Sometimes it sells and sometimes it doesn't. I also think paypal gift is a joke and will not use that unless it's someone I know really well.
CL is hit or miss. Most of the obscure stuff doesn't sell, you also have to watch your texts and voicemails and emails and figure out when and where to meet people, which can be a pain in the ass.
Taking it to a retro store or half priced hipsters is quick and you get cash but you get ass-rammed on what you get for it. Sometimes the local retro store doesn't have cash to give you.
Ebay has the hives of scum and villiany and scammers, but you a.) usually get it sold if you start it off at a reasonable price, b.) get the most money for it. Sure, paypal and ebay take their cut, but I've liquidated most of my DC stuff and a good share of NES stuff on there. I'm in the process of selling SNES stuff on there. As far as high-end byg tymer transactions, I sold Aero Fighters there. The guy bitched about a bent box and book, so I just refunded him a little bit and still got a good price for it. Loose SNES stuff I just ship in a DVD bubble mailer that I bought a huge box of at Uline. Seems to work for games with DVD cases and SNES loose carts. I still haven't figured out how to ship ones with boxes and book. Any suggestions? I still have complete Wild Guns and Harvest Moon to sell down the road.

As far as expensive games in the hundreds, I haven't sold many of those, but I always ship UPS >$300 because they don't screw things up as bad as the USPS can, and it's insured.

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I still haven't figured out how to ship ones with boxes and book. Any suggestions?.

Thick cardboard to sandwich flattened boxes and manuals. Otherwise, wrap the on the outside, stuff the inside with wrap or paper, and put it in a sturdy box. Neither may be perfect for the buyer, but I haven't heard any complaints.