Selling high value items on Ebay

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
I've been meaning to sell the last of my AES stuff for some time now. But given a recent Ebay experience of a buyer filing a fraudulent paypal chargeback for a laptop several months after a successful transaction, I'm reluctant to sell high end items at all.

It seems that if you run into the wrong buyer, one who knows the system and is determined to rob you, there is basically no protection for the seller.

What exactly is stopping someone from buying an original AES game and then filing a claim and returning a worthless conversion or even a pile of newspapers and receiving a full refund? It would be your word against theirs and Ebay/Paypal sides with the buyer 90% of the time.

Does anyone have experience of this?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Sell on here instead. Unless you post pics of your PCBs, that's a risk you take.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've been meaning to sell the last of my AES stuff for some time now. But given a recent Ebay experience of a buyer filing a fraudulent paypal chargeback for a laptop several months after a successful transaction, I'm reluctant to sell high end items at all.

It seems that if you run into the wrong buyer, one who knows the system and is determined to rob you, there is basically no protection for the seller.

What exactly is stopping someone from buying an original AES game and then filing a claim and returning a worthless conversion or even a pile of newspapers and receiving a full refund? It would be your word against theirs and Ebay/Paypal sides with the buyer 90% of the time.

Does anyone have experience of this?

This was the reason I didn't sell any of my high end Aes carts on ebay. You will probably get more money on ebay for them but I rather just not deal with some bullshit scammer saying the game is a fake, keeping the game, and you having to refund him a shit load of money.

I sold a Boxed Snes Dracula X on ebay and the Noob who purchased it from me was unsure if the box was real or not so he gave me a negative feedback. I told him I had that game since the early 2k's and wanted him to give me a reason why the box was fake. He said his friends said that it was most likely a fake because finding a box for that game in great shape was impossible. These are the kind of dumb dumbs you deal with on ebay.

Much safer selling them here. Plus, It moves quicker here as well. Moving other shit might take awhile but moving Neo stuff has always been pretty quick for me.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
This is a common question... Worst I have had is people abusing the return policy by claiming "item not as described" but the situation OP described is entirely possible with someone determined to commit fraud. Selling on here for a reasonable price is preferable and you should have no problem moving AES games.

madman

Selling on here for a reasonable price is preferable

You mean like you do instead of EBay?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

LoathsomeCleverIcelandicsheepdog-small.gif

laughing-gif.gif

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Are you enjoying that game I sent you recently, madman?

Maybe you can flip it in a couple of years like everything else you sell here. Fucking hypocrite.

madman

Are you enjoying that game I sent you recently, madman?

Maybe you can flip it in a couple of years like everything else you sell here. Fucking hypocrite.

Lulz yeah, buying games, owning them for years and then selling = fipping.

You put your Sega CD games (and others) on EBay before listing here because you wanted maximum profit. I told you to list them here and they'd move. And they did. Now you're advising someone that listing here is preferable when that's the last thing you do. I sold a Ninja Combat kit here for $50, you asked $84 on EBay. And then you snickered in chat when some n00b on here paid your price. But yeah, selling here for a reasonable price is preferable.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Lulz yeah, buying games, owning them for years and then selling = fipping.

You put your Sega CD games (and others) on EBay before listing here because you wanted maximum profit. I told you to list them here and they'd move. And they did. Now you're advising someone that listing here is preferable when that's the last thing you do. I sold a Ninja Combat kit here for $50, you asked $84 on EBay. And then you snickered in chat when some n00b on here paid your price. But yeah, selling here for a reasonable price is preferable.

You are still profiting off games, most of which sit stored and unplayed for years. Frankly, it's none of your fucking business where I buy, sell or trade anything, so stop stalking my eBay account and making false accusations. Haven't we learned that if you keep repeating fake news then impressionable retards like FilthyRear believe it's true?

Madman Im not the biggest wyo fan either but you are way out of line ala electricgrave with this constant flipper bullshit in every thread. Just focus on posting more car key and watch pics, or perhaps flaming more noobs that only you find funny.

Last edited:

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
I give up with eBay, it's full of absolute cretins. Even with accurate and honest descriptions of high end goods nobody is ever satisfied. The French are the worst, no point in going the extra mile for ungratefulness. Don't get me started on the seller fees either

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
What exactly is stopping someone from buying an original AES game and then filing a claim and returning a worthless conversion or even a pile of newspapers and receiving a full refund?

Nothing, see this guy. Just don't use PayPal, end of story. You'll still reach all those interested.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Never short of the drama here. Personally I'd love to see pics of watches or car keys from madman, but can we also get a shot of him wearing a gold chain while puffing on a cigar?

otherwise that shit ain't baller enough

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I have yet to have a fraudulent chargeback on ebay, but it doesn't surprise me. There's far more protection for the buyer.

Consumers are shitty people, but i didn't think it was that common.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Madman Im not the biggest wyo fan either but you are way out of line ala electricgrave with this constant flipper bullshit in every thread. Just focus on posting more car key and watch pics, or perhaps flaming more noobs that only you find funny.

Maybe madman is EG's other account, twitter style aka no wall'o text

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Ebay was better before Paypal, when you had to send a money order.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Ebay was better before Paypal, when you had to send a money order.

Yea sure, Like Money Orders don't get lost and that's also super convenient. It's not paypal's fault scumbag scammers exist.

You have just as many bad buyers as bad sellers. I think the good outweigh the bad by alot but it just takes one these fuckers to make you not want to use the service anymore. It's impossible to control. How many Noob buyers probably purchased a expensive Aes Conversion from France and still own it thinking it's a legit game. How is a money order benefiting that guy.

Soundwave GI

Rugal's Thug
The only issue I ever had with eBay/PayPal was someone saying they didn't receive and item or that it was unauthorized like their kid went through the process. Both times paypal looked at the tracking and that it was received and told the buyer too bad...win for me. However, if someone does a not as described, Paypal will just take the money back out of your account before the buyer even provides so much as a tracking number that they are sending something back. No seller protection there. With items like yours, you are running the risk of being subject to douche baggery and giving 12.5+% of your sale to eBay/Paypal. Selling it here/elsewhere for 15% less than what you'd get on ebay should net you the same amount and less risk of hassle.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I completed an ebay transaction today that bypassed paypal altogether. Just enter credit card and go.
This seems like it would be more difficult for someone to start a chargeback. Maybe?

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I completed an ebay transaction today that bypassed paypal altogether. Just enter credit card and go.
This seems like it would be more difficult for someone to start a chargeback. Maybe?

You really want to directly give anonymous sellers your credit card information?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Yea, it does give you that option now but they still have that ebay buyer guarantee and your credit or bank account is still linked to ebay. Right?

You really want to directly give anonymous sellers your credit card information?

The transaction might go through ebay. I doubt they would allow your credit card info to go directly to the seller.

Last edited: