Neo Geo on PVM

Finally got a 1 slot hooked up to the supergun and played Metal Slug on a 20M2 and all I can say is Wow. Maybe its because the monitor on my cabinet isn't the best or it's the tinted glass bezel that darkens things I'm not sure but it's so different on the pvm. And all those glorious scan lines...fuckin' hell.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Finally got a 1 slot hooked up to the supergun and played Metal Slug on a 20M2 and all I can say is Wow. Maybe its because the monitor on my cabinet isn't the best or it's the tinted glass bezel that darkens things I'm not sure but it's so different on the pvm. And all those glorious scan lines...fuckin' hell.

It truly is a thing of beauty. I have that same monitor and love it.

Last edited:

F34R

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I've been playing Turf Masters a good bit on my 20L2. Love it. Using a custom NeoGeo arcade stick with it.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
That is damn glorious. Post it in the CRT thread

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
My issue is pvms even the biggest ones are to fucking small.

It really depends on the distance you are playing from. A 20' or even a 13' works out for me since my setup is right near my desk. I turn my head to the left and my monitor is right in front of me. The other advantage of having a smaller monitor is they're easy to move around. I owned a PVM-2950QM that crapped out on me and when I had to get that shit out of my basement, it was a chore. Bigger PVM's are super pricey and harder to come by. If I found one on the cheap like Under $150, I would probably make the effort picking it up but for anything over, I wouldn't bother.
'

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
My 20" 20M4 is just fine for size, you can pretty much sit back a couple meters or more and enjoy it. That said the monitor in my cab may not be as sharp but being 29" really does make all the difference.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
My 20" 20M4 is just fine for size, you can pretty much sit back a couple meters or more and enjoy it. That said the monitor in my cab may not be as sharp but being 29" really does make all the difference.

Yea, I'm not knocking bigger monitors. I still have my old 27 inch Wega stored away. I think 27 to 29 inches is the perfect size for a crt monitor. 20 Is a Good Size. 13 is still doable. Anything under that I would just use for testing purposes.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

I loved my 20" PVM until I spent some time on some candy cabs with some bigger monitors. I decided that I missed the larger size so I got rid of it in favor of a 27" Wega that I sit like 2 feet away from.

Numsay

n00b
Looks great. What type of connection is being used? I'm not familiar with a super gun.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
My 25" PVM is the perfect size.

I use a damn 40" crt for my retro gaming and the next smallest tv I have in my house is 65" My living room is a 75" and the tv im thinking about getting is a 86" 25" is monitor size these days. Not tv size.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I use a damn 40" crt for my retro gaming and the next smallest tv I have in my house is 65" My living room is a 75" and the tv im thinking about getting is a 86" 25" is monitor size these days. Not tv size.

but how big is your dick? how big is your wife's...how big is your mum's?

Numsay

n00b
Nice, I'm running a AES through Svideo to a Sony 14L5 at the moment. Looks great but I do want to pick up a scart cable soon.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I loved my 20" PVM until I spent some time on some candy cabs with some bigger monitors. I decided that I missed the larger size so I got rid of it in favor of a 27" Wega that I sit like 2 feet away from.

I could be coming up with excuses, but I noticed that I can get way farther in DoDonPachi on a cab than on my PVM.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug

Jesus that 40"crt must weigh over 300 pounds. Must be fun to rotate for vertical shooters. I Bought a 32" WEGA years ago that I sold almost instantly once I tested some games on it. The bigger the crt the less focus it has and the games looked like a blurry mess. I think 25" to 29" is about the biggest you want to go for a crt.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Jesus that 40"crt must weigh over 300 pounds. Must be fun to rotate for vertical shooters. I Bought a 32" WEGA years ago that I sold almost instantly once I tested some games on it. The bigger the crt the less focus it has and the games looked like a blurry mess. I think 25" to 29" is about the biggest you want to go for a crt.
Not that big of a fan of shooters but Id never rotate this thing. I'll die before I move this thing again lol.