Anyone notice the custom pcb conversions?

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I just mentioned this type of thing to RAZO in another thread. Except this isn't being misrepresented as original.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
I wonder how the Metal Slug "Collection" works? I'm assuming it has some kind of menu, would be interesting to see a video or additional information on it.

The green AES shell is pretty good looking IMO, not that I would buy one of these tho.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Only missing MS2 Turbo in the collection. Back in my home system days I would have bought it for sure.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
That’s pretty cool since it’s not passing itself off as original nor is it converting other carts.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Buy a neosd, not this bootleg bullshit.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I'm not against this. I think the prices arent to insane and they're not trying to screw anyone over.

If you want shelf fodder and you cant go ham theres worse things money can be spent on.

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I have to agree that I do not find this as outrageous as trying to rip someone with a fake/converted cartridge, but I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a non-SNK produced game. I know they face big amounts of money in order to make those cartridges but I don't find it interesting.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Buy a neosd, not this bootleg bullshit.

I can't believe people are still showing interest in theses bootlegs. These collectors who can't afford the originals will just do whatever it takes to have them all on their shelves. No point in even fighting this fight anymore.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The Metal Slug collection one is kinda cool, but it's "I'd buy this filthy bootleg for $50" cool, not "that costs almost as much as a NeoSD" cool.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
The Metal Slug collection one is kinda cool, but it's "I'd buy this filthy bootleg for $50" cool, not "that costs almost as much as a NeoSD" cool.

Just what i was thinking. Shit, i wonder what THEY pay for them, before they are sold for $300+

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member

That’s what I thought, too. I think they are on the right track with the “collection of games” on a single cart. I don’t think I would pay that much for a single game, but a collection of games with instant load is interesting. It would be a great thing for SNK themselves to produce. I think there was a Fake News topic about that, on here a few weeks ago.

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
Green shell is pretty cool. For the price I'd rather buy a NeoSD for AES. I wish someone was making aftermarket MVS shells in goofy colors, I have a few totally trashed MVS carts I'd love to just put in a new shell.