Thread: Samurai Shodown Anthology & Fatal Fury Battle Archives vol. 1 censorship question(PS2 PAL)

Question Samurai Shodown Anthology & Fatal Fury Battle Archives vol. 1 censorship question(PS2 PAL)

I have a few questions regarding the PAL PS2 versions of B]Samurai Shodown Anthology[/B] and Fatal Fury Battle Archives vol. 1.
    I hope someone will be able to answer these. Thanks a lot in advance.

Samurai Shodown Anthology (PAL PS2)
    I played the Anthology on Wii (PAL) and I could get fatalities (VS. CPU) in every game featuring them, except for Samurai Shodown II. I seem to remember reading somewhere the PS2 version was uncensored. Could someone confirm this?

Fatal Fury Battle Archives vol. 1
    Blood and hidden super desperation moves are missing from Fatal Fury 3 in the US PS2 version. Is it the same for the PAL PS2 edition? Are there other known issues with Fatal Fury Battle Archives vol. 1?

Crossed Swords Squire

Anthology is also censored on ps2, you could try the A+B+C+D on EXIT code but i think it doesn't work. About BA vol.1 you have to press L3 to enable hidden super desperation moves.

Quote Originally Posted by gamerwhat View Post
    Anthology is also censored on ps2, you could try the A+B+C+D on EXIT code but i think it doesn't work. About BA vol.1 you have to press L3 to enable hidden super desperation moves.
    Recently bought a used copy of FFBA Vol. 1 and was trying to figure out how to enable the Hidden Desperation moves in FF3. So do I just push down the joystick (left or right) when it says "GO!" instead of Start+A+B+C+D?

I don't have trouble doing it in the MVS arcade version (or on MAME) but I'm lost doing it on the PS2.

Mickey's Coach

Why don't you post this question in the correct section, you fucking retard
    http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1130/blastcitylogo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by redfield0009 View Post
    Why don't you post this question in the correct section, you fucking retard
    I'd be happy to post it wherever you would prefer. The reason I posted it here was because after 4 hours of searching the Internet using 10 different variations of search strings, this comment was the only one I saw that referenced this specific issue.

And because it's possible the moves may have been censored/omitted (as the OP suggested) and I wanted to check whether they were available in this version. Seemed on topic to me but no worries.

What section would you prefer I post it in?
    Last edited by manwiler; 09-27-2020 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Additional information and one typo correction.

Mickey's Coach

And so you decided to Neco bump a thread from 2 years ago? Take your ass to Gaming/Game Play

DOLLARS TRILOGY SUPERFAN

"There are two types of people in the world... those with admin powers and those who dont. I DON'T"

And so you decided to Neco bump a thread from 2 years ago? Take your ass to Gaming/Game Play
    Shut the fuck up, redfield. This guy wants to know something actually related to a Neo game and you want to shit on him for it? It's hilarious you think you are a gatekeeper here. Who the fuck are you?

Mickey's Coach

Tired of seeing new people digging in graveyards. Shit gets old.

DOLLARS TRILOGY SUPERFAN

"There are two types of people in the world... those with admin powers and those who dont. I DON'T"

Tired of seeing new people digging in graveyards. Shit gets old.
    I didn't realize someone had tasked you with reading every new response in every thread on the forums. My bad.

This guy asked in unrelated where he should post or ask about this question. Arcademan and someone else told him to ask there or here in general discussion. So he did nothing wrong. Plus, I give him credit for actually using the search function, unlike 99.9% of new members. So give him a break.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Yeah redfield you jerk! I can't believe you're being like this.

King's Dry Cleaner

On the one hand, redfield0009 is a laughable cock sucker. On the other hand, someone is playing Samurai Shodown games on a PS2.

Mickey's Coach

Quote Originally Posted by bulbousbeard View Post
    On the one hand, redfield0009 is a laughable cock sucker. On the other hand, someone is playing Samurai Shodown games on a PS2.

He should use MAME like a real man

Thread Information