The effects of moving on my 10 year old daughter

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
She'll be good. If she was in High School I would say different, but most kids meet their best friends in high school, and then their real best friends in college.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12. Jesus, did you?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12. Jesus, did you?

Me? I didn't meet my brother until I was 13. I didn't start hanging around who are no my great friends until just after High School (we all went to school together, but didn't hang out much at that time).

Honestly, at 12, I didn't have any friends.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
please tell me smokes didn't realize that was a Stand By Me quote that changed Jesus, doesn't anybody? to Jesus, didn't you?signifying that greedo didn't have good childhood friends and thusly a good childhood life

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
please tell me smokes didn't realize that was a Stand By Me quote that changed Jesus, doesn't anybody? to Jesus, didn't you?signifying that greedo didn't have good childhood friends and thusly a good childhood life

Stand By Me isn't exactly a film I go around quoting all of the time...so no, I didn't pick up on that.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Just add that to list of things that are sad about you.

Eh...take it how you like. At 12, we had moved so many times and lived in many states, I never really had a chance to make any lasting relationships. Thankfully, that changed.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

Actually, it was the quote from "The Body" I meant to copy the verbiage used in "Stand By me" as it is a little more clear and more prominent in the work. But I copied the wrong one.

But I always wonder about people I grew up with that never had a really tight friend. Most of them had siblings so that is understandable. But I grew up with a few who were only children and had friends, but they always kept some form of distance.

Last edited: