The effects of moving on my 10 year old daughter

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
My family moved 4 times as a child, new friends every 2-3 years yay!

We bounced around like a ping pong ball when I was a kid, my parents were constantly getting evicted from places so we bounce all over a town until we got a reputation and no more people would rent to us. Like you, I never really got planted until I was a little older.

Where I live, a house that size with that much land would be up around the 800k mark.

Good luck on the move and your daughter settling. I’m sure she will too.

My wife's family lives on various places in California...a few of them live in seriously expensive areas. Her grandma had a dump of a house in San Diego...she owned it for decades. When she passed, the family sold it for some $750K...it was insane. That house would go for $50K here...

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
My wife's family lives on various places in California...a few of them live in seriously expensive areas. Her grandma had a dump of a house in San Diego...she owned it for decades. When she passed, the family sold it for some $750K...it was insane. That house would go for $50K here...

It's almost like location matters with real estate and that people would pay more to live in San Diego over bumfuck central Illinois. Imagine that.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
It's almost like location matters with real estate and that people would pay more to live in San Diego over bumfuck central Illinois. Imagine that.

Oh, knock it off...we all know that. It was more so making a point of how fast west coast real estate shot up in pricing. There was a long span of time where you could buy homes in places like San Diego or San Francisco that didn't cost the GNP of a small nation...her grandmother wasn't a wealthy person, never was.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member

No shit. What he's saying is that the difference is jarring. That's a 14x difference. And that's not to mention housing prices, at least in my area, over the past 8 or so years. Even if you're making 6 figures, you can't buy a two bedroom condo or better unless you've got a dual income. Go 45 mins north to NH and I could buy a two bedroom condo in cash right now.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
No shit. What he's saying is that the difference is jarring. That's a 14x difference. And that's not to mention housing prices, at least in my area, over the past 8 or so years. Even if you're making 6 figures, you can't buy a two bedroom condo or better unless you've got a dual income. Go 45 mins north to NH and I could buy a two bedroom condo in cash right now.

My sister lives in Hingham Mass...the housing prices there make my b-hole pucker...

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I knew this girl in high school who basically threw a massive prolonged fit when her parents decided to move - it was so bad that they ended up staying put and not moving at all.

She was seriously hot. She’s now a television news anchor. I can’t give you guys a name or pic because I don’t trust you any of you bums.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Hey smokes only one kid?

Military brat so i moved quite a bit to different countries. New friends, new school, & new homes but i always felt it was exciting. Girls are just weird and too emotional with lots of mood swings. That feeling of hopelessness when your daughter breaksdown though is a killer.

Best of luck w/ your new place.

madman

I knew this girl in high school who basically threw a massive prolonged fit when her parents decided to move - it was so bad that they ended up staying put and not moving at all.

She was seriously hot. She’s now a television news anchor. I can’t give you guys a name or pic because I don’t trust you any of you bums.

What could we possibly do? Email her and say "neo_moe from neo hyphen geo dot com who lives somewhere in the US thinks you're hot?"

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
What could we possibly do? Email her and say "neo_moe from neo hyphen geo dot com who lives somewhere in the US thinks you're hot?"

Precisely.

She knows I think she’s hot. She sat next to me in Algebra, Trig and Calc and I used to help her a lot on homework and studying for tests and AP exam. All I got in return was an occasional peck on the cheek and a broken heart. Oh god it was so painful why did i drudge up these painful memories???

madman

Precisely.

She knows I think she’s hot. She sat next to me in Algebra, Trig and Calc and I used to help her a lot on homework and studying for tests and AP exam. All I got in return was an occasional peck on the cheek and a broken heart. Oh god it was so painful why did i drudge up these painful memories???

So we can troll you?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Precisely.

Its ok to be a sensitive man.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It's funny what you can find on public records...

I use tax records to figure out the deceased owners of a property to which I then use to find an obituary so I can figure out if an estate sale is worthy of my time or not.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member

It's Shannon Mulaire isn't it?

JESSICA REYES???

madman

I use tax records to figure out the deceased owners of a property to which I then use to find an obituary so I can figure out if an estate sale is worthy of my time or not.

Just think, when they're old enough, you can teach your kids how to scour obits for dead people and determine if they're worthy of your valuable humping time.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm surprised that no one has commented on the double entendre that is the thread title.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I'm surprised that no one has commented on the double entendre that is the thread title.

:lolz: I was thinking that too... At least wait until she is 18, mate.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
You know...I had to google lanai:

"a porch or veranda"

...you learn something new every day.

*EDIT*

BTW...our current house in all it's glory is still up online if any of you are interested in snooping a bit:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/302-Harmony-Ave_East-Peoria_IL_61611_M75796-20199

Nice Crib. In Jersey, that amount of land wouldn't cost 110k in a shit neighborhood. Something like that here would go from $350k-$450k depending on the neighborhood and taxes would be like 8-10k a year.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Hey smokes only one kid?

Military brat so i moved quite a bit to different countries. New friends, new school, & new homes but i always felt it was exciting. Girls are just weird and too emotional with lots of mood swings. That feeling of hopelessness when your daughter breaksdown though is a killer.

Best of luck w/ your new place.

Even before we decided to have a child...we only ever wanted one. There are times when we wonder how 2 would have been...but we don't regret it.

I will say that having a child was the best thing I've ever done.

NG may have low standards...but not that low. Thinking it? Sure. Making a comment about a 10 year old? Nah.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
yeah how can your mind even go there. I still don't even see it. Moving on? uhhh huh. pretty fucked up fish

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Even before we decided to have a child...we only ever wanted one. There are times when we wonder how 2 would have been...but we don't regret it.

I will say that having a child was the best thing I've ever done.

NG may have low standards...but not that low. Thinking it? Sure. Making a comment about a 10 year old? Nah.

I didn’t want to comment on the title either, but it would definitely trigger bloodycelt.