Any unlockables in Kof96 collection (NeoGeo CD)?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Does the King of Fighters 96 collection on NeoGeo CD have any onlockable features or secrets? If so what and how to open?

Raz

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I don't know about KOF but I love your Mini Akuma AV.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Cant say I have ever tried these so can not confirm but:

ALTERNATE CHARACTER COLORS
When selecting your character press the D button instead of A.

FIGHT AS CHIZURU KAGURA AND GOENITZ
Hold Start, then press Up + B, Right + C, Left + A, Down + D. Chizuru Kagura will be selectable to the right of Clark and Goenitz will be to the left of Athena.

BONUS CHARACTERS
In order to gain access to bonus characters in the game, hold the START button while choosing your character.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Thanks titchgamer bur I'm asking about KOF96 collection for NeoGeo CD, its not the normal kof game but more a special edition disc with more information about the game, characters etc. The other two discs that are kind of like this (ADKworld and neogeoocdspecial) both have unlockable menues. I'm wondering if kof96c has the same kind of thing for example?

Raz

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I thought 96C was just 96 with a extra hard back book?

No, KoF '96 Collection is a demo disc with information and character art etc. The full game is not on the disc.

It's a bit like a promo item.

roger45

n00b
Cant say I have ever tried these so can not confirm but:

ALTERNATE CHARACTER COLORS
When selecting your character press the D button instead of A.

FIGHT AS CHIZURU KAGURA AND GOENITZ
Hold Start, then press Up + B, Right + C, Left + A, Down + D. Chizuru Kagura will be selectable to the right of Clark and Goenitz will be to the left of Athena.

BONUS CHARACTERS
In order to gain access to bonus characters in the game, hold the START button while choosing your character.

I had no idea about this trick before. Thanks