Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

Teddy

n00b
Howdy!

Been a long time lurker, and finally thought I should get around to posting. I'm a retro gamer at heart, mostly SEGA & Nintendo, with a little bit of NEC sprinkled on top, but I've always felt something was missing, hence why I'm here.

Just moved to the UK, after a few years of living in Japan and now that I have room to actually own things, I think it's time to take the leap.

I'm hoping to pick up an AES system soon, so I can finally play some of my favorite arcade games on real hardware.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I made this post at gunpoint.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Just buy a NeoSD. Don't waste chasing overpriced home carts. Your wallet will thank me later.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
One thing is for certain, you picked a great time to get into collecting AES!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I love how almost everyone thinks being a longterm lurker is a selling point.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Welcome to Neo-Geo.com. We are glad to have you aboard. It's always a good time for getting into the Neo-Geo, especially Aes format. You should have no problem acquiring your favorite Aes games at good prices. Ebay and Yaj are great places to shop for Aes games.

madman

Welcome to Neo-Geo.com. We are glad to have you aboard. It's always a good time for getting into the Neo-Geo, especially Aes format. You should have no problem acquiring your favorite Aes games at good prices. Ebay and Yaj are great places to shop for Aes games.

Specifically sellers from Italy, Spain and France on EBay.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Buying a Neosd next will be the best move as mentioned. The cart prices, eBay full of bootlegs, insertion marks on the carts :keke: it won't be rewarding.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Specifically sellers from Italy, Spain and France on EBay.

They are the best one's and they usually sell authentic Aes games unlike the U.S and Japan.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Buying a Neosd next will be the best move as mentioned. The cart prices, eBay full of bootlegs, insertion marks on the carts :keke: it won't be rewarding.

On the realz, this is just my opinion, I've never ran into any boots and I purchased and sold Aes games from 2004-2017. I've also never purchased from Spain, France, or Italy just because shipping and prices from these countries were always too high. Most of the games I purchased were from NG.com or Japan. If you purchase a game and suspect it's a boot, open it up and verify. This is just my experience with Aes Carts. I know Euro and U.S carts are much more expensive and are more likely to be booted but I always preferred the Japanese artwork anyways.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I said eBay but I really meant the questionable stores on the net. Like I have the bootleg atomiswave carts and have sold them with everyone involved knowing they weren't originals.

I was thinking of the popular NG titles and a noob thinking they've found a deal only to have a boot.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I said eBay but I really meant the questionable stores on the net. Like I have the bootleg atomiswave carts and have sold them with everyone involved knowing they weren't originals.

I was thinking of the popular NG titles and a noob thinking they've found a deal only to have a boot.

Got it brother.

It just seems like the general consensus is if you buy a expensive Aes game, it's like a 50% chance it's a boot. I don't think that's true. Still plenty of legit games out there.

Last edited:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Location requires an update! Its in the rules, maybe not anymore

madman

Oh, and Teddy, you can safely put Karou on your ignore list now. For years he has been pretending to be retarded for some reason. :buttrock:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I love how almost everyone thinks being a longterm lurker is a selling point.

This could just as easily go both ways, as in the Old Member's Check-In Thread...

Cheers!

Been a long time member, and finally thought I should get around to lurking. I'm an adult in real life, mostly family & job, with a little bit of ALC sprinkled on top, but I've always felt nothing was missing, hence why I'm logging-out.

I'm just moved by being a father now, after a few years of living in sweet oblivion with my gf and now, that I don't have room to actually own things I don't need, I think it's time to take the leap.

I'm hoping to sell off an NGH system soon, so I can finally emulate some of my favorite arcade games on real PC hardware.

Any help or advice I can give you, after all my years spent here, is simply to enjoy life while it lasts.

P.S I didn't make this post at gunpoint. Not like ever.