Supergun arcade stick

Apologies if this has been done before but I could not find a recent thread addressing the topic. I'm looking for advice as to what you guys like for playing 6 button games that need a kick harness on your supergun. I've read a lot about the Sigma Raijin but not much else. Any help is appreciated. Thanks gents.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Apologies if this has been done before but I could not find a recent thread addressing the topic. I'm looking for advice as to what you guys like for playing 6 button games that need a kick harness on your supergun. I've read a lot about the Sigma Raijin but not much else. Any help is appreciated. Thanks gents.

I think the consensus is taking a console-based stick you like and modding in with a PCB that can output via a Neo-Geo style cable. Personally I had USB ports installed on my supergun so I can just use my 360 sticks.

Thanks. Yes I thought about the PSX to Neo converter and using Ps2 Street Fighter Anniversary stick but imagine that would not support kick buttons...

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Thanks. Yes I thought about the PSX to Neo converter and using Ps2 Street Fighter Anniversary stick but imagine that would not support kick buttons...

As long as the Neo converter, the Neo control port and kick harness are all wired up correctly, it should work fine.

Edit: but the kick harness may not be wired directly to the jamma loom. It all depends on how you have it set up.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
What I did when I made my gun was wire it for the "superneo" pinout which allows for six buttons. On the back of the gun is a DB9 connector to hook up a kick harness, and I made a DB9 to CPS2 kick harness cable. I could easily make a cable for other pcbs if necessary.

My memory is fuzzy but I'm pretty sure I stole the idea from JNX.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I have a HAS Supergun I’ve used with the CPS2 kick harness you can also buy to go with the HAS unit. I’ve been using Hori Arcade Pro PS3 sticks with the Undamned DB15 to USB adapter with no problem.

I have a HAS Supergun I’ve used with the CPS2 kick harness you can also buy to go with the HAS unit. I’ve been using Hori Arcade Pro PS3 sticks with the Undamned DB15 to USB adapter with no problem.

The HAS looks awesome but I’ve yet to successfully make it onto a list for one

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The HAS looks awesome but I’ve yet to successfully make it onto a list for one

CharlieB, fuck the noise and just get one of these jawns.

G0GstX8.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
My god, that thing is the sex!

You mentioned the sigma's up top and I love those as well. I don't know how much money you are willing to spend but Sigma makes some great SG's. Whether you have space for a Raijin or a smaller AV7000 TB setup, you are buying a high quality SG with 6 button setup that will last you a lifetime. They are built strong and have excellent stick and buttons but you are going to pay for it.

JoeAwesome

Pics of your supergun, OP. For me, it's harder to explain what you need if I can't see how you're wired.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Get a HAS + the Saturn controller adapters. Fuck these big ass panels, might as well get a cab at that point.

JoeAwesome

I may be wrong, but I didn't think the MK IV has 6 button support.

Edit: I suppose you can wire the kick harness directly to the controller's buttons. If you do that, then you can connect the kick harness to a JNX Atlas for support to other types of boards needing 4 and 5 buttons.

Last edited:
I suppose I’ll just keep this one for use with neo or saturn (+adapter) controllers and add second supergun along with 6 button arcade stick to the list

liwer

n00b
How about a Mak Strike V3 from Arcadeforge?

You can also place the Kick Harness

How about a Mak Strike V3 from Arcadeforge?

You can also place the Kick Harness

I appreciate the suggestion- I looked into those but there were several posts in different forums about a voltage spike that needed to be corrected. After reading about that several times- even though it looks cool, I decided to wait to see if that problem was ever addressed from the shop.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I have a vogatek, what I did was get a db9 male to db9 female kick harness adapter from JNX, and soldered one part of the adapter to the corresponding kicks pinouts for P1 and P2 on my db15 sticks. Ill get a pic attached shortly.

ZPP8RbK_d.jpg

Last edited:

liwer

n00b
I appreciate the suggestion- I looked into those but there were several posts in different forums about a voltage spike that needed to be corrected. After reading about that several times- even though it looks cool, I decided to wait to see if that problem was ever addressed from the shop.

I have one Mak Strike V3 for more than a year and I have not noticed anything strange.

It works perfect

20181122-213038.jpg

Dedicated only to Neo Geo

Last edited: