Picked up a proto Cirrus Logic / 3DO M2 gpu because why not!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I picked up a prototype Cirrus Logic / 3DO M2 powered graphics card a few months ago in my endless quest to needlessly collect everything M2 related :hammer:

Anyone ever seen another one of these in the wild? Fairly confident it's 1 of 1 at this point (even though the serial # is 16) since I've never come across another one other than from the collector I picked this up from.

Need to jam it into a computer soon and test. Have some drivers, fingers crossed they work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4OSgIRdq9g&t=3s

In case anyone wanted to check it out, did an overview video of the board (with a bunch of educated guesses, since it's not like I can just check out a schematic or doc on this thing!)

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Isn't there only one unfinished game available for the system? Cool find, though. It's interesting to see these little bits of history pop up.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Isn't there only one unfinished game available for the system? Cool find, though. It's interesting to see these little bits of history pop up.

Interestingly there are actually a lot of games that run on M2. Five for the arcades, two for the home "console" (kiosk system) and two more that haven't been dumped yet. I am working with the owners of those two discs to see what it would take to get copies dumped for everyone.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Interestingly there are actually a lot of games that run on M2. Five for the arcades, two for the home "console" (kiosk system) and two more that haven't been dumped yet. I am working with the owners of those two discs to see what it would take to get copies dumped for everyone.

Oh wow, yeah I thought it was mainly a kiosk system and then an unfinished racing game.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Oh wow, yeah I thought it was mainly a kiosk system and then an unfinished racing game.

M2 has the most games for a cancelled console ever haha

Battle Tryst, Heat of Eleven 98, Total vice, Tobe! Polystars, and Evil Night for the arcade M2 board

IMSA racing, shooter demo, Dolphin Demo, and Iron and Blood prototype for kiosk.

IMSA is like 90% done so its fully playable. The five arcade releases are full games. So there is a bunch of content to check out (if you can find the hardware. That's the bitch)

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Where do you guys even find all these proto thing?? Checking out the vid now

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Where do you guys even find all these proto thing?? Checking out the vid now

I knew the collector selling it and he gave me the heads up it was going on eBay

Sadly (not bragging...so dumb to collect this lol) I have probably the second largest M2 collection

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
oh and any of you want to sub that crap please do haha...four subs away from the custom url so I can get rid of my junk string of random letters and numbers

or you can flame the video comments...either or. I mean I am asking on NG.com after all lol