Paprium "gameplay" video

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I feel for anyone who put money into this. It's a fucking miracle that Pier Solar was ever finished.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Crowdfunding games doesn’t seem to work out so well unless your Sega. After waiting years for Pier Solar there is no way I’d give these jokers any cash until there is an actual product available.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
This is why these companies should only be taking pre-orders when the game is like 80% complete or more. Need the funds to make the game? Take a bank loan out or something or advise the customer before pre-ordering that it could take up to 5 years to complete. This pay me and wait 3-5 years and we'll finish it when we finish it doesn't work. NGdev does the same shit but at least they deliver and show progress but it's still kind of fucked up.

It would be funny if this was Watermelon trolling everyone and the game was actually finished but why would they want bad pub?

A mob of angry video game nerds is never good.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Crowdfunding games doesn’t seem to work out so well unless your Sega. After waiting years for Pier Solar there is no way I’d give these jokers any cash until there is an actual product available.

This mentality is confusing. They delivered Pier Solar, and they delivered a great product. Both on Genesis and DC.
The majority of crowd funded software never sees the light of day. I doubt i'll back an incomplete project ever again, but waiting extra years is almost standard for crowd sourced games.

How much of this drama is impatient forum-dwellers vs actual misconduct?

I read part of the fiasco wordpress site. It's some internet lawyer who thinks they did enough googling. There's no route for a refund, and the FTC won't help. That's the thing with crowd sourcing, you never ordered a product.

I'm not an "investor"

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
This mentality is confusing. They delivered Pier Solar, and they delivered a great product. Both on Genesis and DC.
The majority of crowd funded software never sees the light of day. I doubt i'll back an incomplete project ever again, but waiting extra years is almost standard for crowd sourced games.

How much of this drama is impatient forum-dwellers vs actual misconduct?

I read part of the fiasco wordpress site. It's some internet lawyer who thinks they did enough googling. There's no route for a refund, and the FTC won't help. That's the thing with crowd sourcing, you never ordered a product.

I'm not an "investor"

Screenshot_2018-11-29-11-45-13-961.jpeg

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I'm keeping my pre-order (don't think I really have any other option now) and riding it out.

I should have been more skeptical.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I hope that guy is on a watch list.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
1geTnJD.jpg

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member

This is why these companies should only be taking pre-orders when the game is like 80% complete or more. Need the funds to make the game? Take a bank loan out or something or advise the customer before pre-ordering that it could take up to 5 years to complete. This pay me and wait 3-5 years and we'll finish it when we finish it doesn't work. NGdev does the same shit but at least they deliver and show progress but it's still kind of fucked up.

It would be funny if this was Watermelon trolling everyone and the game was actually finished but why would they want bad pub?

A mob of angry video game nerds is never good.

My personal rule of thumb when backing stuff: only back it if the product is done or claims to be nearly done. I’m not gonna pay for dev time, just manufacturing time.

So far it’s worked out really well and I have only gotten burned once in crowd funding (IndieGoGo for The World Combot Cup, a heavyweight robot competition pitched after RoboGames decided to stop having events that never came to fruition. Fortunately RoboGames, Battlebots, Robot Wars and other events stepped up).

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
*necro-bump*

So after years of nothing at all I randomly received an email from Watermelon games that "supposedly" Paprium is finished and ready to ship out on the 16th of this month. :scratch: TBH, I completely wrote that shit off long ago after all their scammy excuses and lack of updates. I highly doubt that we will see anything from it, even after this laughable email, but I guess we'll see? :lolz:

Paprium.PNG

Anyone else here not force a refund previously and also get this email?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
*necro-bump*

So after years of nothing at all I randomly received an email from Watermelon games that "supposedly" Paprium is finished and ready to ship out on the 16th of this month. :scratch: TBH, I completely wrote that shit off long ago after all their scammy excuses and lack of updates. I highly doubt that we will see anything from it, even after this laughable email, but I guess we'll see? :lolz:

View attachment 58620

Anyone else here not force a refund previously and also get this email?

I got it. Apparently it’s shipping? So confused. Randomly get an email saying Paprium is a go? Who would have thought

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Pretty funny. Imagine getting stung by 2020 custom fees as a result of backing this game years ago. Really interested to see how it plays in it's current state

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Pretty funny. Imagine getting stung by 2020 custom fees as a result of backing this game years ago. Really interested to see how it plays in it's current state

The first game (Pier Solar) came from china when it was released. So this will probably be aswell. If it comes from france I'll be boned

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I just got the e-mail it's a go really given it's scandal,how it was being handle.I really thought the game was vaporware at this point.By the way i never back it since it seem like a scam to me decades ago.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
That Paypal bit is worrying, if they told the truth about issues with them then this means they'll probably will have problems VERY SOON with their "new account". You can't create a new one once you're limited and paypal knows you're breaking that rule... they just wait until you get some cash on it so they can lock it up, lol.

Good luck to anyone crazy enough to give money to them in 2021.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member

Paprium coming to PS4 Swich and Steam in May and now “free” on Genesis emulation.

Dude is such an apologist for this mess it’s comical.

Last edited:

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I'm glad people that want to try it can without paying an insane amount of money for a copy. It is a fun game all in all and well worth checking out

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I'm glad people that want to try it can without paying an insane amount of money for a copy. It is a fun game all in all and well worth checking out

When it comes to PS4/ Switch I’ll definitely give it a run if it’s $15.99 or less.