Your 1-slot cab game?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
If you had a 1-slot MVS cab and therefore could only choose one game to be loaded, what would it be?

No multicarts, no NeoSD, no loop holes. Just pick the one best game for whatever reason.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'd never buy anything less than a 4-slot mobo.

and therefore could only choose one game
I don't think you understand how a 1-slot works. Even with only one slot, you are allowed to change the game whenever you like.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Last Blade 2… to be swapped out periodically for Metal Slug X

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Probably Metal Slug 3 or Neo Turf Masters since I have found myself going back to those over and over.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
I don't think you understand how a 1-slot works. Even with only one slot, you are allowed to change the game whenever you like.

You still have to open the CP, swap the cartridges and change out the mini marquee. That and a single slot cab isn't the same as a multi-slot cab, you can't have more than one game going at once, you still have to pick one game at a time on a 1-slot cab.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
When I had my one slot cab, most often you'd find Waku Waku 7 or one of the Slugs in there. But I sold it and now just use the Omega and the Neo CD.

You still have to open the CP, swap the cartridges and change out the mini marquee. That and a single slot cab isn't the same as a multi-slot cab, you can't have more than one game going at once, you still have to pick one game at a time on a 1-slot cab.

You definitely don't have to change the mini marquee. What kind of nonsense is that? Who gives a shit unless you're an arcade operator?

Also, when I had my cab I re-did the inside so I could access the cart slot from the coin door. Much easier than reaching through the control panel.

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
You definitely don't have to change the mini marquee. What kind of nonsense is that? Who gives a shit unless you're an arcade operator?

Also, when I had my cab I re-did the inside so I could access the cart slot from the coin door. Much easier than reaching through the control panel.

This thread was written partially from the perspective an arcade operator... And accessing the cart slot from the coin door is non-standard.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Puzzle Bobble, as a favor to her.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I am thinking MotW.

Fett

Camel Slug
A multi cart :keke:

This is the only correct answer.

Last edited:

Gog

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
It’s Twinkle Star Sprites you Crying Wanker.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Sam sho 2, that game never gets old. Amazing how much better its aged compared to other earlier fighters (including sf2)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Sam sho 2, that game never gets old. Amazing how much better its aged compared to other earlier fighters (including sf2)
I agree in a way, because the pace of the series is more deliberate, until they fucked that by adding the combos in IV. But at the same time, I can no longer play II without wishing I was playing III.