Some questions 2D and 3D videogames and generes/types of videogames.

Saurus

n00b
I like videogames type arcade. I've some questions over videogames that I'll like resolve over this topic.

1º.- Is it true, that all arcade games can go from 2D game mechanics to another 3D if the artists and programmers know that things change, and what things do not?

2º.- There are genres of videogames, of 2D mechanics, that taken to a mechanics of three dimensions, irremediably lose their essence.? What could these genres of video games?

3º.- The 2D mechanics games, are less playable, complete and fun, than those of 3D mechanics, being more limited and less spectacular (being static screens, such as Bionic Commando Rearmed 1 and 2), less deep and enveloping.?

4º.- Is this, retro fashion. The return to simplicity and simplicity development videogames.? Some people argue that retro fashion is coming to an end, and that we are reaching a point of saturation with this type of videogame, of 2D mechanics.

Will the appearance of a new control interface for 3D game mechanics cause those of lateral and vertical scroll 2D to disappear, which would become a mechanical of the past?

5º.- Despite the arrival of polygonal and 3D mechanical graphics, 2D games still survive despite having already passed almost two decades after the mentioned change. Why is it like this.? Will this change with Virtual Reality for video games?

A blog about videogames, commented that, "An innovative mechanics or a sublime story is necessary to keep them alive in times of new technologies, which I imagine much more immersive. Who knows, games that put you in the center of the stage, maybe through glasses, or lenses, or downloaded directly to the brain, technology that will make only a few geeks choose the screen of all life, changing our society up and down, but that will be a new page in history. " //eljueguista.wordpress.com/2013/01/02/como-envejecen-los-videojuegos/

Some media, argue that "with time, video games will cease to exist and instead will be 3D simulations indistinguishable from reality, there will be a virtual reality for people who wish to participate in the only refuge for nostalgic players will be your PC and the emulation software that allows them to relive the "glory days" of the games, while the rest of humanity are slaves of the matrix, or in the requirements of the system. " http://illbethejudgeofthat.wordpress.com/2009/08/05/2d-vs-3d-a-gaming-evolution/

Some fans, in this line, talk about that respect to the future foresee that different systems will coexist until you can do as in Matrix and play and receive inputs directly to the mind, in which case any other interface will become obsolete.

6º.- The retreat of Sega, Taito, Irem, Data East and Konami, Cave Soft, and Housemarque. They make it clear that arcade-type video games for game consoles are not going through their best moment. The game, linear, direct and simple, have no future? Why? http://www.housemarque.com/arcade-is-dead/

7º.- A report of videogames, comments "none of the current ones, is perceived in decay, and it is hard to imagine others, if anything, the merger between them, in the search of the perfect videogame, with 'the best of each one' tendency and incipient."? http://www.aevi.org.es/pdf/fcualitativaext.pdf , page 25 of the text

8º.- They will end up disappearing the physical video consoles that progress in hardware, each generation as well as video games for a single player in the future. Why?

I think they are interesting questions and a nice to talk odiscutir here, in this forum.

I look forward your participation in the questions that I leave in this thread, soon.

Greetings to all. :)

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Shouldn't this be in the "international" section? This dude clearly isnt speaking english.