Rumor: PlatinumGames is developing 3 games on Switch

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
PlatinumGames is working on 3 Switch titles, all being headed by Kamiya.

One being Bayonetta 3.

There were previously rumors of a W101 title. Could be a port or a new game (Kamiya expressed interest in making a standalone game featuring Wonder-Blue)

An Okami sequel is heavily rumored to be in development, and reports suggest something is certainly being worked out between PG and Capcom. The rumor goes that Capcom was interested in hiring PG to work on sequels for one or two of of their Clover-era IP's a couple of years back. Namely Viewtiful Joe and Okami. However, PG's Minami (who was heading the talks between the two parties) resigned and the plans fell through. The rumors re-surfaced again when the Okami HD ports was announced on current platforms, and some reports suggest the two parties are still in talks:

Recent gathering between Capcom and PG members:

https://twitter.com/dev1_official/status/1059813250903236609

DrU2iJkXgAEv85m.jpeg

Whatever the case, I hope we don't end up with another Bayonetta situation with Nintendo.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
What a waste. I can't stand second/third party exclusives.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
So far, only Bayenotta 3 is a confirmed exclusive. The other two (assuming the rumor is true) could still be multiplatforms, unless one of them is a W101 title.

I don't mind exclusives. In fact, I think they could be necessary to keep the competetion healthy between platform holders.

What I really hate is mid-series exclusives like Bayonetta and Fatal Frame.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
That's what first party titles are for, though the best platform holders, such as the one that made your avatar, put their games all over the place. These assholes money hatting outside developers to make exclusives is what pisses me off, and Bayonetta and Fatal Frame would be subsets of that. I understand the argument that some games would not get made otherwise, and maybe those two are examples of that, but I don't think the end justifies the means.

Gog

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I hope this is true. Looking forward to Bayonetta 3 & I’d be interested to see what PG could do with an Okami sequel.