Installing a Unibios

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher
I know jack shit about electronics.

I have come across a Japanese AES in the wild for the first time ever. I want it. I have seen in some threads a comment about a member getting a unibios installed by another member. Is that necessary? Can I do it? I don't know how to solder and have no idea how one might be replaced.

If it is very involved and recommended to be done by someone with experience, does the forum as a whole stand by any particular member's work? How much would anyone expect to fairly pay?

Thanks for reading, and thanks for any replies and info.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
An AES is quite a bit more involved than some MVS boards. If you have no experience you should get someone to do it for you.

And pretty much everybody on this forum will tell you that Xian Xi at Jamma Nation X does amazing work.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
It's not something I would recommend for someone with no previous soldering experience. However, it's a quick job with the right equipment and should not cost much. Shipping the console back and forth will probably cost more than the labor so try to find someone local if possible. Alternatively, you could try to find a console with Unibios already installed.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
They're good dudes at Level 7. One time they gave me a free Atari 5200.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If you don't know how to solder, you will break your system, period.