Black Friday/ Cyber MOnday deals

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Back on topic, the fall Steam sale just hit. This is the first big sale they've had since I got a decent PC and a Steam account. Oof.

Some of the deals during the fall sale are ok, but the real deals come during the winter and summer sales. I'd hold out on buying some games until the winter sale.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Some of the deals during the fall sale are ok, but the real deals come during the winter and summer sales. I'd hold out on buying some games until the winter sale.
I stuck to mostly stuff that was $5 or less. I still spent $40, lol.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Retrogate aren’t doing sales this year? Appears that Krikzz is.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Well black friday has been naff over here from a gaming POV.

I have got some decent deals the last week but went out shopping this morning and failed to find anything that I wanted at a decent price.
I did discover a little gaming shop though that has a small selection of retro stuff (Sadly no neo) and managed to pick up a 2nd hand copy of DK and Zelda for the switch at a good price so not a total waste.

Online I managed to find a pro controller for £50 and extra pair of joy cons at £65 which is the best I have seen them so got them to.

So yeah thats me all shopped out.....

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I went to GS, planning to buy Namco Arcade Pac for $20. Someone must have traded in a bunch of *good* DS games, so I picked up Scurge Hive, Etrian Odyssey 2, Lunar Knights, Knight in the Nightmare, all 3 DS Castlevania, and Avalon Code for a fraction of their ebay price due to their weekend B2G1F on last gen games.

They also dropped $10 for Bendy and the Ink Machine for Switch so I got that as well.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I wasn’t intending on participating; however, I scooped up God of War (latest) for $17

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Went to Best Buy last night & picked up the PSVR Creed bundle...I also got Soul Calibur & bunch of VR games. Was looking for a tablet, ended up getting a 2 in 1 laptop. HP Spectre was $500 off at Best Buy.

Hoping to get PS4 Pro at Gamestop today or Monday, comes w/ Red Dead & $50 gift card. They have a couple other PS4 VR games on sale too.

Lame no statchews were on sale that i wanted.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've got the SF one... it's shit, avoid.

I'd say it'd make a nice toy for kids, but at $300 (normally), you'd be better off getting them a game system or a decent tablet.

I agree. I remember when I purchased a SFIICE cab for $215 and it had a cps2 x-men vs sf in it.

Don't know how much Dynamo's are selling for now in days but I would just look for a slightly beat up one with good monitor instead.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Those Arcade 1up looks so shitty, even from the photos on the box. All the videos show how poor every part is, I wouldn't touch it for $50.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Those Arcade 1up looks so shitty, even from the photos on the box. All the videos show how poor every part is, I wouldn't touch it for $50.

They are shitty. Local game store has one. The buttons are okay but the sticks are awful, also you don't get any options to change settings like difficulty

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I like the arcade 1up cabinet, however I didn't have hopes it would be amazing. I just wanted something cheap to mod into a mame cabinet. For that it's great. Buttons and stick wise I haven't had any problems. Personally both have too much travel when it comes down to how hard you press the switches in them, but I'm used to Sanwa. Biggest problem I had overall was the screen had washed out colors when standing above the monitor. Buying the lcd hdmi adapter fixed it.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I like the arcade 1up cabinet, however I didn't have hopes it would be amazing. I just wanted something cheap to mod into a mame cabinet. For that it's great. Buttons and stick wise I haven't had any problems. Personally both have too much travel when it comes down to how hard you press the switches in them, but I'm used to Sanwa. Biggest problem I had overall was the screen had washed out colors when standing above the monitor. Buying the lcd hdmi adapter fixed it.

Which adaptors did you purchase?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Raspberry Pi 3b Kit $80
HDMI+VGA+DVI+Autio Input for 30 pin LCD Panel $30
Kinter MA-170 12V Amp $12
2 x Zero Delay USB/PC Joystick encoder $20

Got it all on amazon.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member

It's just about the worst stick I've ever used. The fact that the games aren't set to mono for SSFII and SSFIIT means that you only get one channel (the right one) on those two games. Yeah, I won't lie, I regret buying it. I have a Raspberry Pi 2 and 3b+ laying around, so I may end up modding it at some point, but it's not anywhere near worth the asking price.