Black Friday/ Cyber MOnday deals

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Cyber sounds outdated. I remember when it was used as a verb.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm not seeing much this year. There are some Sony bluetooth headphones going on sale at BB that I've had my eye on for a while that are getting a significant discount, but I don't think I'm going to grab it right now.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Keep in mind some consumer electronics are made specifically for cheap Black Friday deals. They do this by stripping out may of the features, or using cheaper materials for these derivative models. This is quite common for TV's.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
No TerraOnion Black Friday deals at SAG

blackfriday2018-sm3.png

#sad

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Yodd has a TO discount code now that he works there. PM him and he'll hook ya up.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Walmart is going crazy w/ the movies. most Blu Rays and 4k Blu rays that came out recently are under $10. Even the $2 movies had some decent titles.

Forgot to mention 4k is also under $10

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
No TerraOnion Black Friday deals at SAG

blackfriday2018-sm3.png

#sad

Thanks for the heads up. I'll get a Famicom N8. I wish they had better case options than yellow. My red Twin Fami will look like a MacDonald's console with this plugged in.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Thanks for the heads up. I'll get a Famicom N8. I wish they had better case options than yellow. My red Twin Fami will look like a MacDonald's console with this plugged in.

just get a toss away fami game for the case and cut the side for the SD slot... tiss what I did

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Walmart is going crazy w/ the movies. most Blu Rays and 4k Blu rays that came out recently are under $10. Even the $2 movies had some decent titles.

Forgot to mention 4k is also under $10
Between Walmart and Amazon I buy most of my movies at Black Friday. I won't brave the morning crowd but you can still drop by on the weekend and find most of the movies.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Between Walmart and Amazon I buy most of my movies at Black Friday. I won't brave the morning crowd but you can still drop by on the weekend and find most of the movies.

Yeah I'm eyeing a couple of movies and maybe the DBZ Fighting Game from Walmart or Amazon and that's it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Tons of instruments / plugins, and sample libraries are half off at Native Instruments:
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/

What's a good way to cut the side given that I don't have a Dremel or anything like that?

We should all pitch in $50 and buy takumaji a traktor console.

As for sfc games, back in the 90s I used a soldering iron to neuter the region restriction on my snes.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
As for sfc games, back in the 90s I used a soldering iron to neuter the region restriction on my snes.

In high school I did that for a friend at his house. His mom was home and she was like "Are you smoking upstairs?!" and he's like
"Uhh Uhh" and I was like "Jeez, just tell her what we're doing", but he wouldn't.

Pliers work better though. A soldering iron is such an unnecessary measure.

But I don't think either of these measures will help fakexsound....

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Thankfully most everdrives have the SD opening along the edge of one of the cart halves so you don't need to do any cutting, just find a file about the right size and go to town.

Back on topic, the fall Steam sale just hit. This is the first big sale they've had since I got a decent PC and a Steam account. Oof.