If Russia is trying to cause discord and social unrest within America...

Marek

Banned
Undoing the post ww2 world order

Conditioning pur populace to autocracy

Enabling white nationalism

Destroying free press

Turning usa into authoritarian kleptocracy like china and russia

Etc

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Undoing the post ww2 world order

Conditioning pur populace to autocracy

Enabling white nationalism

Destroying free press

Turning usa into authoritarian kleptocracy like china and russia

Etc

Wait...I thought this topic was about Russia, and not about what Trump is trying to do?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Russia is just trying to bring the glory of bear wrestling to American life, but we need some toughening up before we can handle that, so, naturally, a little social unrest and discord is just the ticket to get us into the right frame of mind to take on those clawed behemoths in the ring.

bear wrestling.jpg

We can't all be Zangief, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's simple, really. If the US is too busy fighting amongst itself and withdraws from the larger world stage Russia becomes perhaps the single country with the most influence in the world. China would be up there too, but politically they seem to keep to themselves likely for economic reasons. The European Union, without the support of the US and also having its own internal problems wouldn't be that much of a factor.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
It is known (by at least their own words) that the KGB has been waging an information war in the US since at least the 1960s. It is doubtful that this process has ceased, however I do not think that the points that Poppy brings up are correct. Those actions would not be something a foreign country would want to occur in an adversary. The reason being is that those things bring consolidation of power and greater military strength. Something that makes no sense for Russia to want. Complacency amongst the people would be a primary goal for any operation they would have.

In any case, to place blame on a group or country for your problems is to say that you have no control over your own actions. That you have no thoughts of your own and you only do what you are told, by either public figures, advertisements or whatever else. This way of thinking does no one any good. I have faith that a person has more control over their own actions than the popular narrative that others are to blame for people doing certain things. There is definitely a big problem with people not taking responsibility for their actions or in-actions, and many people take the easy way out by blaming someone else for that. The whole idea that Russia is responsible for this or that is to admit that the American people have no will of their own and are sheep.

Marek

Banned
Tripred. I know i rip on you and all, but youre a smart fellow. how you dont see the erosion of democracy and the normalization of nonfree press/kleptocracy etc would be advantageous to Russia is beyond me.

Its not for us as an adversary. Its for us to be an ALLY.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
a bunch of relative hillbillies on a generation X gaming forum trying to predict Russia's plans

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It is known (by at least their own words) that the KGB has been waging an information war in the US since at least the 1960s. It is doubtful that this process has ceased, however I do not think that the points that Poppy brings up are correct. Those actions would not be something a foreign country would want to occur in an adversary. The reason being is that those things bring consolidation of power and greater military strength. Something that makes no sense for Russia to want. Complacency amongst the people would be a primary goal for any operation they would have.

In any case, to place blame on a group or country for your problems is to say that you have no control over your own actions. That you have no thoughts of your own and you only do what you are told, by either public figures, advertisements or whatever else. This way of thinking does no one any good. I have faith that a person has more control over their own actions than the popular narrative that others are to blame for people doing certain things. There is definitely a big problem with people not taking responsibility for their actions or in-actions, and many people take the easy way out by blaming someone else for that. The whole idea that Russia is responsible for this or that is to admit that the American people have no will of their own and are sheep.

Please stop with the absolutes.

You were correct to say that the kgb has been at war with the US since the 1960s. The US has been actively aware of this as well.

But if a group in Russia wants to deliberately misinform and direct the focus of Americans, they can. We have people who think vaccines are dangerous, that fluoride causes IQ problems, that the moon landing was faked. If you think those people share the blame, then okay. If you think they are solely to blame, then I disagree.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
We have people who think vaccines are dangerous, that fluoride causes IQ problems, that the moon landing was faked.

Honestly one of the most embarrassing things of Americans. Don't see these retarded conspiracy theories elsewhere unless they're farmers in a village.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Honestly one of the most embarrassing things of Americans. Don't see these retarded conspiracy theories elsewhere unless they're farmers in a village.

I don't know if these sorts of conspiracy theories stem from the US alone, but they're certainly felt in plenty of first world countries throughout the world.

Off topic, but one of the most bizarre "farmers in a village" syndromes I've come across is Puppy Pregnancy Syndrome, this shit is out there!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It's a bit like post WWI Germany, where we had to choose between bankruptcy or war. Russia took it one step up, for them it's bankruptcy or the creation of chaos, and war is just a part of this creation. Other parts are bread and circuses, read: vodka & large sport events, further: intel & mob, nationalism & religion and, of course, the caste system of oligarchs along with their Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, which works like a perpetuum mobile. It seems, the design, their game so to speak, isn't anymore power for power's sake, but chaos as a lifestyle, instability as a foundation, becoming a guy who kills for sports. Strange people, I'll never understand them. But maybe it's just me, who lives out illusions.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It's a bit like post WWI Germany, where we had to choose between bankruptcy or war. Russia took it one step up, for them it's bankruptcy or the creation of chaos, and war is just a part of this creation. Other parts are bread and circuses, read: vodka & large sport events, further: intel & mob, nationalism & religion and, of course, the caste system of oligarchs along with their Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, which works like a perpetuum mobile. It seems, the design, their game so to speak, isn't anymore power for power's sake, but chaos as a lifestyle, instability as a foundation, becoming a guy who kills for sports. Strange people, I'll never understand them. But maybe it's just me, who lives out illusions.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
We have people who think vaccines are dangerous, that fluoride causes IQ problems, that the moon landing was faked.
Don't forget the sudden increase in flat-Earthers. They alarm me more than the vaccine, fluoride, moon landing/Kubrick-is-sending-me-coded-messages people.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
how many people here think they are qualified to work in any government intelligence agency or military branch or foreign affairs sector or whatever? raise your hand. i see most of you are really well informed

do you guys really think that anything you see or read regarding Russia and America is real? Or any country's "affairs" for that matter? Get fucking real for a second. Nobody in the general public has the privilege of knowing what is going on. That includes all the garbage that you think you know based on what you see on the news and even guerilla independent left wing "unbiased sources". It's literally a bunch of dissected garbage for you to munch on and puff your chests about while the real, probably very unexciting and weird events continue to go on with no end because the fuckers in power are a loooootttt smarter, simpler, and more privileged than us. Especially Russia. Lmao. :cool:

Marek

Banned
Sylvie playing the "im just a stupid girl" card

Yeah, Mueller indicting half a dozen Russians was clearly for no reason

:thevt:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Skepticism and critical thinking are important but people tend to get carried away with the conspiracy theories. It's much more interesting and exciting to think JFK was assassinated as part of a plot than by a lone gunman, or that 9/11 was an inside job rather than a methodically executed terrorist attack. Case in point:

Sylvie said:
do you guys really think that anything you see or read regarding Russia and America is real? Or any country's "affairs" for that matter?

Blindly believing everything you read is stupid but automatically assuming everything is a lie is full on retarded.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
But if a group in Russia wants to deliberately misinform and direct the focus of Americans, they can. We have people who think vaccines are dangerous, that fluoride causes IQ problems, that the moon landing was faked. If you think those people share the blame, then okay. If you think they are solely to blame, then I disagree.

Sharing the blame is better. It is not as if the actions do not exist. I do not think it is all to one side. There are many different groups doing things like this for many different reasons. Some are from Russia, some pretend to be from Russia but most are not.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sharing the blame is better. It is not as if the actions do not exist. I do not think it is all to one side. There are many different groups doing things like this for many different reasons. Some are from Russia, some pretend to be from Russia but most are not.

The people who were receptive to Russian propaganda would not hold such stupid beliefs but for the proliferation of Russian propaganda in social media (fb), radio (sputnik), television (rt), and media partnerships (breitbart, Alex Jones).

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
For the record... Didn't the Russians invent the "Protocol of the Elders of Zion" document?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
giphy.gif

xROTx