Overlooked actors that time forgot/is forgetting

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Frank Grillo. Dude felt like he was gonna be the next big action star, to me at least, and now he's lucky if he's second fiddle to Bruce Willis in DTV crap.
To be fair he's been doing pretty well for himself in the last couple of Purge films, and is the protagonist in Netflix film, Wheelman, where he does the same type of thing, and honestly, the film is only entertaining because he's in it.

it's probably going to be different depending on where you are in the world, but off the top of my head i'm going to say meg ryan, corey feldman, john candy.

John Candy? Up until his untimely death he was doing very well. Thing is that generation of comedians where rockstars back in the day and nowadays mostly irrelevant and faded. Which is ridiculous

is this click bait?
i feel like this is click bait article on buzzfeed.
Hah. You're right it seems a little clickbatey.

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
When was the last time you saw Steve Guttenberg in a movie?!!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Elizabeth Peña. She was in the amazing Lone Star, along with movies like Jacob's Ladder. I just found out she died about 4 years ago. Cirrhosis of the liver due to alcohol. Only 55 years old. What the fuck? She was great.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lance Henriksen
Sam Elliott
Jason Robards
John Rhyes Davies
Ed Harris

Ed Harris?

Come on man. He is a major character in Westworld. He was in Mother! (Only using exclamation mark because movie did).

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Elizabeth Peña. She was in the amazing Lone Star, along with movies like Jacob's Ladder. I just found out she died about 4 years ago. Cirrhosis of the liver due to alcohol. Only 55 years old. What the fuck? She was great.

Oh shit. She was too

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Karl Urban. He's had some great supporting roles but never broke out as a leading man. Dredd deserved much more success than it got.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Lucy Dekins (Fap worthy in the Great Outdoors)
Meg Ryan
Juliete Louis
Christoper Walken
John Malkovich
Thora Birch
Steve Beshemi

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Karl Urban. He's had some great supporting roles but never broke out as a leading man. Dredd deserved much more success than it got.

Have you ever googled... "Karl Urban Net Worth"?

It's amazing what he's worth considering he's never really been a leading man...

xROTx

PS. On Topic... Another great Oldie actor: Robert Donner...

d3a789492bcfb21c1b90a66f34eb0626.jpg

EDIT. For all you dumb fooks... he's in the TOP ROW... MIDDLE...

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
What about Michael Dudikoff?

He was the leading actor of several 80s b-movies like the hilarious American Ninja from 1985 and is still (or was until recently) active to some extend but he never really made it to stardom.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I always thought Ryan Stiles should have been a bigger star.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I always thought Ryan Stiles should have been a bigger star.

all those WLIIA guys are extremely talented

the stuff they thought of on the spot - and even if they rehearsed or got rough ideas beforehand - astounded me

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Well...

Rudy Ray Moore should have made forty movies instead of four, and everyone needs to see The Human Tornado at least once, but I'm not sure he's who this thread was meant for.

I bring him up since I saw fakeXsound mention Yaphet Kotto and I remembered how The Monkey Hustle, ostensibly starring Kotto, features Moore in the center of most covers, even though his character is basically a featured cameo.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
What about Michael Dudikoff?

He was the leading actor of several 80s b-movies like the hilarious American Ninja from 1985 and is still (or was until recently) active to some extend but he never really made it to stardom.

I love me some American Ninja!

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Ed Harris?

Come on man. He is a major character in Westworld. He was in Mother! (Only using exclamation mark because movie did).

He was in good movies, but nobody gives a fuck about him. He just turns in amazing performances and then goes into obscurity. Correct me if I'm wrong please, but you hear of a lot of Ed Harris fan threads?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Linnea Quigley

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0001643/

B film hottie most remembered for Return of the Living Dead, Night of the Demons and appearing in a Nightmare on Elm Street 4. All sorts of cheap horror movies.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Klaus Maria Brandauer, he played a mean Nero.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Klaus Maria Brandauer, he played a mean Nero.

Brandauer is a stage actor first and movie and TV actor second, he's still an active member of the ensemble at the Burgtheater Vienna and held in high regard for his own stage productions and plays. His last appearance on TV was in 2013 in the critically acclaimed drama Die Auslöschung (the obliteration) about a man and his battle with Alzheimers for which he received several awards.