Overlooked actors that time forgot/is forgetting

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I'll throw in my pick
Tom Berenger. When I was a kid I used to think, that's the man. Just cool and reliable actor back in the day.
I don't think he quite pushed the envelope over time.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Marlon Brando, Paul Newman, and Charles Motherfuckin Bronson.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I'll throw in my pick
Tom Berenger. When I was a kid I used to think, that's the man. Just cool and reliable actor back in the day.
I don't think he quite pushed the envelope over time.
I’m a bit biased, but he was awesome in Major League.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Marlon Brando, Paul Newman, and Charles Motherfuckin Bronson.

How so? They had very successful careers and are often recalled for what they brought to the table. Maybe the thread idea wasn't clearly explained.
Talking about good actors that didn't quite live up to their potential, and the shame of it.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
How so? They had very successful careers and are often recalled for what they brought to the table. Maybe the thread idea wasn't clearly explained.
Talking about good actors that didn't quite live up to their potential, and the shame of it.

Ahh Got it. I was thinking more actors that are being forgotten. I thought Tom Berenger had a pretty successful career and was in some memorable movies. He was pretty badass in The Substitute and Sniper.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Ahh Got it. I was thinking more actors that are being forgotten. I thought Tom Berenger had a pretty successful career and was in some memorable movies. He was pretty badass in The Substitute and Sniper.

He didn't transcend like some of his heavy hitting contemporaries though. Not like he's any kind of household name. To me, he's overlooked.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Ray Liota
Nick Nolte
Eric Bana
Michael Biehn

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
He didn't transcend like some of his heavy hitting contemporaries though. Not like he's any kind of household name. To me, he's overlooked.

Hmm, I guess. I think if you ask anyone who is 30+ who Tom Berenger is, they will know. Yea, he's not Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, or Will Smith but I don't know about overlooked. Major League and Platoon are great movies.

I would say a Actor who is great but overlooked is like Ralph Fiennes.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hmm I don’t think any of these actors are forgotten, they’re all still making films because they’re classic genre actors.

Ted Levine
Rutger Hauer (250 film credits)
Brad Dourif
Robert Joy
Udo Kier
Tony Todd
Edward Furlong
Tom Atkins

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Hmm, I guess. I think if you ask anyone who is 30+ who Tom Berenger is, they will know. Yea, he's not Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, or Will Smith but I don't know about overlooked. Major League and Platoon are great movies.

I would say a Actor who is great but overlooked is like Ralph Fiennes.

Yeah because when people think Platoon they immediately think, "omg i LOVE tom berenger"

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yeah because when people think Platoon they immediately think, "omg i LOVE tom berenger"

Ok SageFace, who are the most memorable characters in Platoon? Charlie Sheen obviously (Chris Taylor), William Dafoe (Sergeant Gordon Elias) , Forest Whitaker (Big Harold) and the wacked out villain Sergeant Robert Barnes who is played by Tom Berenger. He only leaves Elias to die and tries to kill Chris.

His deep seated animosity between Chris and Elias isn't one of the major focal points in the movie at all.

No, he's not a memorable character in that film.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Frank Grillo. Dude felt like he was gonna be the next big action star, to me at least, and now he's lucky if he's second fiddle to Bruce Willis in DTV crap.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
The first actor that came to mind is Willem Dafoe, although I don't think he is forgotten as he has a steady stream of work. I will watch him in any role, even if it is a shit movie. The last movie I saw was The Florida Project, and he was wonderful in it.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
it's probably going to be different depending on where you are in the world, but off the top of my head i'm going to say meg ryan, corey feldman, john candy.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
is this click bait?
i feel like this is click bait article on buzzfeed.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I like my old films... I have always liked some of the so called "supporting" cast... like this guy:

Woody Strode...

woody-strode-dans-spartacus.jpg

xROTx

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Jason Robards

I saw him recently in A Thousand Acres and try to forget him: no one can play a monster like he could. Anyway, my vote goes to Laurence Harvey (never show him the Queen of Diamonds), Burl Ives (Big Daddy) & Gig Young (the oily MC).