Playstation 4 has over 86,000,000 owners and rising! Dominates the industry overall.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
so epic! a dev would have to be insane to choose a platform that isnt PS4 for their game. PS4 is where the major money is made and largest playerbase is at (even PC can't compete. what with its cheaters, stream snipers, and shorter attention span gamers)

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/9xbjwn/image_ps4_sold_861_million_units_in_its_first_5/

https://i.redd.it/e28th8bx6iy11.jpg

worldwide software sell in numbers: over 777,000,000 units

while mobile is said to be more profitable, portable gaming is trash tier gaming and just causes degradation of game design, compared to PS4 standards.
PS4 is like the NEO GEO except mainstream hardcore and actually appreciated and supported instead of underrated.

e28th8bx6iy11.jpg

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I only game on the Atari Lynx. That's the system only hardcore gamers use.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
When hasn't Sony ever done well? They've been killing it since the PS1. This is no surprise.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
When hasn't Sony ever done well? They've been killing it since the PS1. This is no surprise.

they did kind of fuck up in the early ps3 era but still managed to catch up. sometimes i think the success of the ps4 was due to the mistakes they learned from the early ps3 days. now they understand that people don't give a shit about blue rays and and mp3s on their gaming systems and all that crap and just want games.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Is saner like 12 years old? Serious question.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Yeah but how many bits does the PS4 have Vs the xbox one?

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
PS4 is pretty good. They have a decent library and avoid doing anything terribly wrong. At this point, that's all I want.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
insanely faggoty first post. "so epic!!" is Sony paying you to write this

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Looking at the most popular games has me losing faith in humanity.
Dumbshit games across the board.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Looking at the most popular games has me losing faith in humanity.
Dumbshit games across the board.

Yea, not my cup of tea either but this new generation of gamers are all about that multiplayer shiz.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The only thing I'm concerned about regarding PS5 at this point is BC.

As for current gen, there are still plenty of games that I'm looking forward to, or eager to see how they turn out before I count this gen out. However, I expect some of them to be ported / shifted to next gen:

RE2
DMC5
Cyberpunk 2077
Bloodstained
Last of Us 2
Ghost of Tsushima
Nioh 2
Ori 2
FF7 remake
Days Gone
Sekiro
Babylon's Fall (PG game published by SE)
Death Stranding
Samurai Shodown
Ace Combat 7
Shenmue 3
Project Judge Eye
Yakuza remasters (yet to play Y5)
Dead or Alive 6
Left Alive

Not counting big releases that I'm not interested in (Kingdom Hearts 3, Anthem) and Switch, which I'm not sure how to categorize gen-wise (Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, Yoshi).

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
The hardware is spot on, The imagination of the devs is frankly lacking across the whole generation.

That is pretty well evidenced by my game collection imo.
If you looked at my PS2 collection I had 50-60 games.
For my PS4 I have around 15.

And the game I play the most?
A free one I downloaded when the PS4 first came out!
Warframe.

Its a free to play and I really like it, Have literally been playing it since day one when it was a mere test project to what it is now with some imaginative and talented devs behind it.
If you have not tried it and you are into 3rd person co-op shooters I recommend giving it a try.
It is no mere shooter though, Its kind of a genre of its own with aspects of tower defence and a very expansive mod/customisation mechanic.

It is also on Xbone and PC.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Is OP some shill account by a Sony intern?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Saner - my mom said she’ll get me a game system for Christmas. I was thinking of asking for a Neo Geo Mini..but after seeing your post I am wondering if I should get a PS4 instead?

Which do you think I should ask for? Could you please write a really reall really detailed post outlining the pros and cons of each system?

Thank you

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
The rarest system is something with 500,000,000 of them?

saner

Krauser's Henchman
hey if someone wants advice on platform to get, you can do your own research. its not hard to figure out which platforms have the best 3rd party support, online features, well rounded hardware, and decent pricing. I encourage people to make up their own mind which platform to decide on.
but dont get scammed into getting a Switch cause Nintendo sucks ass and run by pretentious bastards cushioned by the backs of its delusional fanatics.

also what really helped PS4 was going with an Operating System that developers love and comfortable with.

PS3 OS and even PS2's OS scared away a lot of developers to Gamecube (Resident Evil Remake, 4, 0) and Xbox/Xbox360 (SMT NINE, Guardian Heroes HD, Onechanbara, Castlevania HD, Cave shmups, etc. )

so PS4's OS was a game changer for the platform and developer interest.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
saner is literally a Sony adbot

slander will get you nowhere. also Sony did things I dont agree with, like the PSP and Vita, which divided their own community and market with those wasteful products that even took exclusives away from what Playstation consoles should be getting. portable gaming in general dumbs down gaming.

also you must be a nintendo or microsoft paid lurker, or a cynic.

I dont tell people what to buy, just sharing real statistical data for those seeking how well PS4 is doing in today's market in official numbers.

if you see that as advertising, you gotta seek therapy overall.

Last edited:

Yoshi

20 Year Member
also what really helped PS4 was going with an Operating System that developers love and comfortable with.

PS3 OS and even PS2's OS scared away a lot of developers to Gamecube (Resident Evil Remake, 4, 0) and Xbox/Xbox360 (SMT NINE, Guardian Heroes HD, Onechanbara, Castlevania HD, Cave shmups, etc. )

so PS4's OS was a game changer for the platform and developer interest.
It's the architecture, not the operating system. It's an X64, just like PCs and the Xbox One, which makes multiplatform games very easy.